3. Regal Princess
I am a loyal Princess Cruises customer. You can't beat there itineraries, or their value. But when you see something you love going in the wrong direction, you just have to say something. This ocean medallion experiment is a complete waste of effort and money. It adds nothing to the cruise experience. Its just another item you have to haul around with you that sometimes opens you door. You still have to carry your cruise card (which also opens your door) to exit the ship, or order a drink, or buy an item at the stores. After the first coupe of days I just left it in my room. I am also at a loss to find the advantage to the new larger ships. My mini suite was smaller than the ones on the smaller ships. The ship had to dock away from the destination city several times to accommodate a large ship. You have to arrive an hour early to get a seat to see the shows, and to feed a larger number of passengers, they have started serving pre-prepared food items. I never saw a fresh breakfast roll in the 25 days I was onboard. On the plus side, the production shows and entertainment in general, was excellent. We also enjoyed the new on demand television. Getting on and off the ship went very smoothly at all the port, and all our excursions were excellent. We went to Saint Petersburg, Russia, and the ship tour got us into the Hermitage museum hours before it opened for the public. What a great experience. I will always sail with Princess, but I hope the reconsider the Ocean Medallion program and their focus on the mega ships.

The Ocean Medallion and the Mega Ships

viavado’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MC L210
Our cabin was smaller than on the older ships. The bed is barely away from the wall on one side, and two people can't pass at the foot of the bed. I miss the sink and wet bar that is on the older ships, and the refigerator takes up space that could to be used for valuable draw space.
Our room steward was excellent and we were comfortable.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins