3. Diamond Princess
Restaurant food was mostly served warm I did not complain about this as I am Chef and understand the difficulties of serving large amounts of covers in a limited time frame. But on stating that a great improvement needs to happen there is no excuse for serving warm soup a simple probe thermometer would prevent this.I started to wonder if this was a ploy to get guests to eat faster as they did not have to wait for the food to cool down. Fritte misto is not a dish that should be cooked and kept warm as mine was the batter was not crisp and the other ingredients warm including the chips another item that should not be kept warm. Even McDonalds has a system to ensure this does not happen.Perhaps more training is needed , better supervision or a system introduced to ensure this does not happen. Lunch in the main dining room. The food was better than the dinner meal as the service was not so rushed. Again some of the food was only warm,soup yet again. I enjoyed most of the meals I ate here and the quality was acceptable. Enjoyed most of the meals I ate at the self serve buffet variety, freshness and quality was good. Hard to get a table at times drinks from the bar took a long time to arrive. I solved this by waiting for my drinks to arrive before eating. Two issues I had rock hard pancakes one morning another system failure. As stated being a chef I am well aware of hygiene issues, wiping down a table with a cloth that has been sitting in soapy water is not acceptable, not that tables were wiped down a lot. Sometimes they were reset without being wiped, no sanitiser was ever seen by me to sanitise tables. So your foodsafe program is not being adhered to. I realise stocking of bars is limited but a few more Australian beers would be appreciated plus the choice of a light alcohol beer. The Japanese took over and were served regardless of your place in line. Length of hours in port at Okinowa was changed from the original itinerary with no notification until the night before. Again Ishagaki port hours were changed considerably with notification only received the night before.No reason was given as to why a change of an hour & a half latter than stated itinerary, this is a big difference especially for people who had private tours organised like myself. A complete shambles ensured with the tender process after waiting for over 1.5 hours we finally left for shore at 11.10 a complete waste of the day. No apology was made or any explanation given as to why the holdup happened. Terrible customer relations the PA system could have been used to explain the delay as a lot of guests were getting very angry and pissed off because no explanation was given. The Princess App has a Messenger service why not utilise this. While mentioning the messenger service an alert needs to be added to the service such as vibration or sound as nobody looks at there phone every 5 min. to check for messages. Overall even though most of my comments are negative the comments are to help Princess improve, as without feedback nothing can be improved. We still enjoyed the cruise, staff were great as usual, service was excellent . The itinerary included some great ports well worth a visit plus we caught up with some friends in Taiwan. Will stick with Princess in the future.

Japanese Culture & History Abounds

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by grumpee-58

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Interior

The Japanese took over and were served regardless of your place in line.

Will stick with Princess in the future.
grumpee-58’s Full Rating Summary
Get Diamond Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC A512
Stateroom had plenty of storage space and room to move around. But this cruise was in summer in Japan, parts that we visited are subtropical so the bedding should be suitable for this time of year. A doona is not suitable for this climate I eventually got this replaced with just a sheet to place over me. Choice of pillows is very limited both my wife and I prefer a firm pillow and woke up most mornings with a headache or stiff neck. Perhaps a choice of pillow at the time of picking bedding configuration could be considered, we have this pillow issue every cruise we take with Princess. A bad nights sleep does not make for a happy cruiser. If you logo is to remain" Come Back New" these issues need to be addressed.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins