3. Allure of the Seas
I took this cruise with my best friend. We drove down together the day before and stayed with a friend. We got in kind of late and it was a long drive so we did not explore Ft. Lauderdale. A few days prior to embarkation we were sent a text that we had been selected for expedited arrival! This was awesome. If you do your pre cruise check in with the RC app you are entered into what I assume is some kind of raffle system to win expedited arrival for your group. Basically, from the time our shuttle dropped us off at the cruise terminal to us stepping onto the boat was 20 minutes and that included us having to visit a desk due me not having a passport, and purchasing lanyards before boarding. The ship is AWESOME. It did not feel like a ship most of the time and I loved that. Central Park was wonderful and we often found ourselves there listening to the guitarists who would set up and play during the evenings listening to the wind blow though the trees. We enjoyed the boardwalk as well and spent a few evenings there at the Aqua Theater enjoying shows. OceanAria is a must see! I don’t think a day went by where we didn’t spend time on the pool deck; the Beach Pool was a great. There was a wide range of activities and we tried to sample as many as we could. We went to dance classes, adult coloring sessions, zip lines, the flow rider, mini golf and all of that was included!!! Great value. We were never bored. Our cabin was just a basic interior stateroom. No complaints there. It suited our needs, the bed was comfortable, and there was enough counter space and mirrors in there for two women to get their makeup done simultaneously. We weren’t in it that often other than to sleep, nap, and get ready for dinner. The shower is a little tight, but that could also be due to the fact I’m 5’9”. The service was great! Our room steward Tyron was awesome. We had asked him for a wine bottle opener to open the bottle of wine we brought on and it unfortunately broke leaving us with a handless corkscrew stuck in a stubbornly corked wine bottle. Tyron went and got another bottle opener and spent ten minutes working that corkscrew around the other one and wrestled that cork out of there. He also was very polite and funny and got to know our schedules and cleaned our stateroom around them. Cynthia, our server in The Grande dining room on Deck 4, was also amazing. Not only was she just a really solid and cheerful sever and person she also went above and beyond for us! One night our table, we were sat with others, noticed select tables around us being served a bread dish that wasn’t on the menu. We asked what it was and she explained that it was a famous dish from her country. We asked if we could try it and she said she couldn’t guarantee it because the chef made a limited amount but she would try. 15 minutes later she arrived with the dish and it was great! She really wanted to share a small piece of her culture with us. All other staff we encountered was very helpful and seemed happy. We did do specialty dining one night and went to Giovanni’s Table for dinner. Holy crap that was some of the best food I’ve ever had on land or sea. The gnocchi was divine. The itinerary was good. We visited Nassau, Cozumel, Roatan, And Costa Maya. In all ports except Costa Maya we did an excursion we booked through the cruise line. Costa Maya was my least favorite. It just didn’t have much to offer. Disembarkation was super smooth. We did the express walk off option and were lined up to leave at 6:20am and was through customs at 6:50am. I would 100% come back and sail on the Allure again. We had such a good time!!!

A Wonderful Experience!!!

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Banri

I would 100% come back and sail on the Allure again. We had such a good time!!!
Banri’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

It was perfectly suited to our needs. Only complaint was due to the location. It is located forward and while the movement of the ship wasn’t a problem, during arrival into port and leaving port the bow thrusters would vibrate the whole room. That’s a wake up call!
  Allure of the Seas Deck Plans