3. Norwegian Jade
I am just back from this cruise and I would like to make a few comments about it. This is my fourth time for cruising. We have been with Royal Carribean, Princess, P&O etc in the past. So, I think I am eligible to make a few comments of the NCL Jade ship. Pros: We are a group of four and we all agreed that the food there is not bad. For the regular dining, the food is average. For their special dining, they have French, American steak house, and Japanese Teppanyaki. They all are spectacular. For the special dining, you need to pay extra which is at reasonable price. But we have included the special dining package and therefore, we did not need to pay anything. In fact, this is only the food which impress me. Cons: 1. The ship is not big, only housing two thousands something people. At the North Sea, the ship was quite wobbling. Even though at sea time, the captain did not slow down during dining period. The ship was at full speed! You can imagine we dine at quite a wobbling situation. 2. The ship cut short a lot of free service. The map for excursion needs to be paid. The hot food room service needs to be paid. There is no boiler in the room. Every time you ask just for a cup of hot water, you need to pay! The only way you get FREE hot water is to go to the buffet restaurant. 3. They have poor management for tendering. Normally, you will be prescribed a tender ticket. But on the day of issuing, the condition is very chaotic. We arrived at the lounge one hour early than the scheduled time to take the ticket which is one day before the tender. A lot of people were sitting at the lounge already. But there is no staff or sign to tell the people to line up to get the ticket. At the time of announcement, everyone rushed in front of the staff who issue the ticket. You can image the chaotic condition with about a couple of hundreds people waiting for getting the ticket. This is not fair for the early waiter and the later comer may take advantage of the situation. I cannot image a cruise has this experience before would continue this mistake. Moreover, some people who joined private shore excursion may not be able to catch up with the tour because they may get a late ticket for tendering. 4. Regarding the show, if you watch once or twice, it should be fine. But if you watch every night, you may find some of them repeat again and again! 5. Regarding dining, they have the so called free style dining. That means, you don't have a fixed table, but you need to line up every night to get your table. First come first serve! 6. This ship has only limited activities such dancing class, fitness center, swimming pool(too cold to use). It does not have rock climbing, mini golf, ice-skating, roller etc. With all this experience, I shall not use this line again. And I shall not recommend this to my friends as well.

Poor Management, Not Too Bad Food

ManWong’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Family Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin O1 8005
The cabin is small but with good space for storage.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins