3. Celebrity Equinox
This was our first vacation in 3 years. We chose Celebrity for the relaxed atmosphere and pampering we had read about. We were not disappointed. My husband, myself and our 12 year old son traveled. We did 2 Princess Cruises 5 and 7 years ago We enjoyed them but this Ccruise was a step up in service. Before the cruise we stayed at the Pelican Beach Resort for 3 nights in Fort Lauderdale to relax before relaxing. It is a great resort. We got a good deal. It is right on the beach, has a pool and lazy river, great restaurant and bar. It is very family friendly. We were in room 2117, a sky suite. The perks are fantastic. The cabin had more storage space than the 3 of us could use. It had plenty of space for 3 of us. We hung out on the balcony quite a bit and had breakfast out there one morning. The butler was amazing. He specifically gave my son his card with phone number and said he could call anytime from anywhere on the ship and help him or order snacks or drinks. My son was thrilled! He also brought us fruit every afternoon and canapes and was available for all our questions. We ordered room service a few times and he was responsible for bringing this to us. We loved Luminae and ate there every night and some mornings. The food is varied and delicious. It is very high quality and very creative. I know food is subjective but we felt we did not have a bad meal there. It was also nice being able to order off the MDR menu and some nights I really just wanted a salad to start my meal. Their servers were very attentive and got to know our likes and dislikes. Before dinner we would go to Michael's for a drink. After the first night the servers, bartender and assistants all knew our name. The Concierge in Michael's Club is also wonderful and very helpful. Since this was our first time sailing with Celebrity she was available for all our many questions. It was also lovely to hang out in Michaels the day we embarked. We only saw one show but it was fun and better than we expected. My son did not utilize the kids club but there were kids onboard and they had plenty of activities for them. In Key West we walked around and went to the Hemingway House. It was fun. We did not do an organized tour. In Grand Caymen we did the stingray and snorkeling Celebrity excursion. Originally we had just a stingray excursion but that was cancelled. No issues with Celebrity issuing a refund. My son had never snorkeled and I would not recommend this as a first time snorkeling trip. It is on a coral reef and you can not put your feet down. It was a little tricky for him as he is not a strong swimmer. We did not get off the ship in Cozomel. We did a Native Choice tour of the Mayan Ruins called Chacchoben then went to a Lagoon at a resort for a great lunch and some swimming. This is a wonderful tour company and we were very happy. Knowledgeable staff. People have asked about chair hogs in the past. We did not see this. In fact there was a table and plastic box where items were placed for collection if they were left unattended for more than 30 minutes. Definitely hard sell on dining and drink packages the first night but after that it eased up a bit. My husband got a Persian Garden package and went there every day after working out. It was very relaxing and he enjoyed it. We had an amazing trip. We wanted to relax and be pampered and that is what we were able to do. We felt very taken care of and spoiled. We are definitely planning to travel with Celebrity again.

Amazing and Relaxing Cruise

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by tulip2010

We only saw one show but it was fun and better than we expected.

We did not get off the ship in Cozomel.

tulip2010’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Sky Suite
Cabin S1 2117
Lots of storage space. Balcony was beautiful. We did hear some noise from the Cafe upstairs but not enough to keep us awake.Enough room for 2 adults and a 12 year old.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Chacchoben Mayan Ruins
    Amazing day. The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable. The amount of time at the ruins and at the lagoon was perfect. Air conditioned bus, small number of people in the tour. I highly recommended stopping for the pineapple on the way back to the ship. They sell it at roadside stands and it is delicious!!
    View All 348 Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    This was ok but not great. My son is not a strong swimmer and had never snorkeled before. It is snorkeling over a coral reef and he couldn't put his feet down to stand. I think if someone was a strong swimmer and enjoys snorkeling, like I do it is fun. But caution if you have a child who has never snorkeled before.
    View All 310 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Stingray Swim
    Really enjoyable. It is a once in a lifetime experience since you get to touch and interact with the stingrays
    View All 725 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Key West
    We walked around and went to the Hemingway House. We headed back to the ship before lunch. After 11am the area gets loud and crowded. I am glad we went early.
    View All 1,787 Key West Cruise Port Reviews