3. Royal Princess
We had fallen in love with Scotland through the works of author Peter May. We searched for a cruise that would take us around the British Isles so we could see and taste the magic. We chose the "12 Day British Isle" from May 13 to May 25 of this year. We flew from Los Angeles to Southhampton and waited to be greeted at the airport. We were greeted and herded. We were branded with a colored dot. We waited and waited and waited. Finally, we boarded a bus that took us to the docks. We had missed lunch, afraid to leave our "corral" at the airport and were getting a bit tired of being pushed and shoved but it didn't end there. We had another 2 hour wait with our co-passengers. This was not the "you will be able to board and have lunch at your leisure while your cabin is being set up." This was really uncomfortable, not just for us but for all. We were never told the reason for the delay. Each port was wonderful...and would have been nicer had we not been again herded into groups. So much effort to make the disembarking miserable. The entertainment was only so-so. There was an Irish comedian who was pretty good and a ventriloquist who was great but the company's singers and dancers were pretty amateur. I had my hair done at the Spa and was pleased so I signed up for Ionithermie Super Detox treatment at $159.00. What a rip-off! I was promised to lose between 1-8 inches. I lost 3/4". The young lady who gave me the treatment rushed through it the minute I said I didn't want to buy any of the products she was selling. Even after a shower I was back in my cabin in less than an hour from the starting time. I even approached the manager and asked for my money back but that didn't happen. Perhaps it was the size of the ship, perhaps it was just a bad alignment of the stars, but this was the worst cruise experience we have had. On our last morning, we received a 4 page news log of the cruise that told us what we had seen each day...too bad it hadn't been announced. We asked several staff about the landmarks we could see and no one knew what they were. Sorry, Princess, we would not take another of your cruises.

Not At All As Advertised

Royal Princess Cruise Review by gypsystew

gypsystew’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA M533
The cabin was a nice size. The balcony was delightful. The colors were great. Am not fond of the duvet style of sheeting but I realize it makes making the bed easier...just a tad too warm.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins