3. Independence of the Seas
We chose this cruise as I liked the destination and thought the departure port would be easy to get too. The ship was just refurbished so everything was new and beds were comfortable, though the decor was not very attractive and much of the seating in the common areas was uncomfortable Drink prices have gotten outrageous and with the prices they charge the tip should not be additional A drink package was also very expensive at $75/day. At $12 or so per drink that is still 6 drinks a day which is just not healthy. Great you can buy specialty coffee or water with that but you can also bring a water bottle and drink water for free. This is the first time where I thought that the play "Grease" was not very well done. It was incredibly loud and did not seem as professional as some of the other's I have seen in the past. The ice show was well done and I would recommend seeing that. The Cruise Compass which provided an overview of the day's activity had multiple spelling errors which is just not professional. I would gladly accept a freelance jobs improving on that. We did one excursion with the ship which had a tremendous mark-up and the ship had about nothing to do but walk us 100 yards. We had to meet at 9 am and wait 45 minutes before departing. Not very efficient. We ate in the dining room all but one night and a few nights had excellent meals and the others were okay. Our waiter was new and didn't know much about wine or opening a bottle - I felt bad for him and thought he could have been better trained. I had a massage and then there was an attempt to sell me hundreds of dollars of product. If I wanted to buy product I would have asked. Just let me enjoy the relaxing effect of the massage and don't try to sell me every time. I have cruised on this very ship 8 years ago as well as other RCCL and Celebrity ships and this was by far the most disappointing as far as the time on the ship goes.

Too much nickle and diming

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by MktgConsult

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

MktgConsultā€™s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 2N 2
The cabin itself was fine however our service was erratic and we had to hide towels in the closet as sometime we had none. I still think a few more plugs would be helpful.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins