3. Ruby Princess
This was our 17th cruise and our second Princess cruise. Our last Princess Cruise was also on the Ruby. It was nice enough that we booked this cruise to celebrate a friends 60th birthday. We traveled with a group of 10. While in port we went walked around Santa Barbara and went to the zoo. We made advanced reservations every evening for our entire group at the anytime dining room. The reservation was at 7:00PM each night. Each night we were seated about 7:40 PM. Each night they had to set the entire table while we stood there waiting. They can only accommodate groups of eight son10mpeople were seated at a table for 8. On the second day I stopped and asked if we could have two tables for 5 and was told no. The food was nice. The staff was overloaded with 10 people instead of 8. At the end of the second evening when I stopped to talk with the manager I was told we should consider the buffet. We got off the ship easily and I called Princess and canceled our August 2018 Alaska cruise with them. Groups and large families are a part of family cruising. Our problems are simple issues that could have been resolved easily.

Our 2nd and Last Princess Cruise

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by MEandSE

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

While in port we went walked around Santa Barbara and went to the zoo.

MEandSE’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD B743
This cabin was at the rear on the starboard side. Our steward was friendly and our room was cleaned by noon everyday.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins