Allure of the Seas Cruise Review

First time cruise for 50th birthday

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Pietzsch1

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

June 3rd -10th. Royal Carib western route via Ft Lauderdale FL. I was skeptic to go on a cruise of this magnitude but we booked it and well here is my honest opinion. If you have never went on a cruise please read this it may give you some tips to help make it easier as a newbie.

Day 1. We flew in from Seattle and stayed overnight in Ft Lauderdale at the Hilton and left the next day. This made the journey less stressful and we had plenty of time to board the boat. Our Uber cost $7 to the ship. You arrive at the port ours was 18. They tag your luggage and then you proceed to a line where they verify your passport and give you a ship pass which you will need to carry with you at all times. You will need this to leave and board the ship and also for purchases. We had a stateroom with a balcony 7568 with a great view. Get a balcony , it’s worth it trust me. That is if you want to wake up to amazing views and enjoy relaxing on your own deck for an 8 day sea escape.

Ok , let me sum up the rest for anyone reading.

Food was very good at the general dining area. We were at table 318 at the American Icon grill for dining. Willie and Jorge were our servers for table 318 for the week. They were hard working , very nice guys and always bringing us more and more food. Miss those guys.

The housekeeping staff we had was Leo Calaphus Forbes from St Vincent. He made my girfriend animals out of towels everyday and was a very kind man. These guys work hard so please tip them well. Don’t be rude to them or treat them like slaves it’s just rude. Leo was telling us the story ( one of many ) of how someone on the floor kept throwing all her clothes all over the room and how he had to keep moving them in order to clean the room. Don’t be a slob people.

Another note, I couldn’t believe all the rudeness I experienced on a vacation before this one. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s one of two things. One, some people are just rude to others and they only care about themselves or they are the ones that live nearby the cruise ships and purchase the cheap tickets that allow them to experience a beautiful vacation that would otherwise be unobtainable to such rude slobs. These are the people that you will see cutting lines at dinners, talking to staff members like they are dirt and acting as if they own the ship and place trash all over the place.

Pros - most of the staff were amazing as I listed whom. A couple were rude but I don’t think they will last long because Royal Caribbean won’t put up with this.

Food is plentiful and if you drink more than 7 alcohol drinks a day get the drink package it’s worth it.

Our excursions we not great so read reviews before you book trust me.

We went to the Bahamas Nassau and did the city tour it was fun because there’s not much to do there.

Then we went to Cozumel , do not book the Mayan Ruins you will be disappointed. You will be shuttled around not seeing much of these amazing ruins for more than 35 min and get a stale terrible sandwich and not enough time to shop at all in town because of the waste of time (5hrs) on the bus back and forth to the ruins. Just don’t book this trust me.

Roatan was amazing , the people we so nice and we went to Tabayan beach and this was so beautiful. They had a security guard at the beach and the waters were perfect. Then we had a bbq at the beach and shuttles back to the boat left every hour so you can go to town and shop.

Costa Maya ...blahhhhhh beach was terrible and covered with massive amounts of seaweed. We left after a hour on our day excursion to go back to town and eat and shop there.

Last day was at sea, dealt with more selfish people cutting lines to get to the food and the staff doesn’t say anything while a long line of people are waiting to get in.

If you choose this vacation just keep these things in mind.

Treat the staff nice and respectful they are on the boat for 7 months at a time and most have families at home and don’t see them or their kids because they have to work. They work hard and are people too. If you see some one cut a line call them out like we did. If you see someone be rude to a staff member let them know how rude they are.

Overall we had fun but next time would probably choose a cruise line that has a better staff to passenger ratio like celebrity.

Good luck and thanks for reading

Pietzsch1's Full Rating Summary

Beach

Terrible beach ton I mean tons of seaweed

Pietzsch1