3. Jewel of the Seas
Used Dark Rome excursions for touring the colosseum and the Vatican and booked mt own hotel one night before the cruise. Extremely satisfied with that experience. Tried to take the train to the port for 15€ but the train was cancelled so we ended up spending 135€ for a taxi instead. Embarking was the smoothest I’ve ever experienced in cruising so far. It’s a relatively small ship, but that makes it easy to learn quickly. Our balcony cabin was nice, standard. Positives: itinerary - couldn’t be better; service, as always; the band was exceptional Negatives: RC is charging $30 for lobster nightly in the dining room and they don’t offer it on the formal night menu anymore. Their NY strip is on the menu nightly, but the quality of the cut was not up to par. We bought debarkation transfer for 2 costing $150 since we had an early flight (10:00) and was told that was safe since the bus would have us to the airport by 8:00. The entire debarkation process was unorganized and we didn’t get to the airport until 9:00. I don’t always use the ship’s excursions, but I would recommend it for European cruises since several of these ports are known for pickpocketers and scammers. You also are assured that your tour is delivered in English. I would recommend this cruise to anyone wanting a taste of Italy and Greece!

Italy and Greece

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Mitawa

Embarking was the smoothest I’ve ever experienced in cruising so far.

I would recommend this cruise to anyone wanting a taste of Italy and Greece!
Mitawa’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas price drops

• Pompeii Walking Tour
    Taste of Sorrento and Pompeii. This tour was conducted by an archeologist. On the way to Pompeii, we made stops to a limoncello factory, a cameo factory, a furniture factory, and a farm where we learned about growing and harvesting lemons, oranges, and olives. They showed us the olive oil mill. And then took us to the restaurant for the demonstration of mozzarella cheese making before giving us samples of the foods and drinks they make on the farm. Then on to Pompeii to see a city that was entirely destroyed by a volcano.
    View All 471 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
  • Lindos Walking Tour
    Journey to Lindos with beach break. Rhodes was beautiful. Tour guide was so knowledgeable and really earned her tip! After taking in the sights there are lots of shops for souvenirs. Then we were given free time at a local beach.
    View All 49 Lindos Walking Tour Reviews
  • Vatican Museums
    Breakfast in the Vatican and began tour before it opened to the public. This is the way to tour! An excellent guide as well.
    View All 130 Vatican Museums Reviews
  • Oia Wine Tasting
    Santorini was beautiful. I don’t drink, and my husband is not a wine person, but he said of the three wines offered, the sweet was the best. I enjoyed the olives!
    View All 98 Oia Wine Tasting Reviews
  • Taormina (Messina)
    Walked around city and found a hop on-hop off bus for 20€ for 2. Nice way to see the city.
    View All 417 Taormina (Messina) Cruise Port Reviews