3. Celebrity Constellation
This is a great itinerary with stops at some of the most amazing cities in the Adriatic. The Constellation is getting on a bit now but the old girl is still in pretty good shape, I’m not sure the recent update has made much difference (new shops and restaurants) but this is still an excellent ship. As ever the service on board is outstanding, you cannot fault the commitment of the crew who all seem happy and focused on delivering great service. The quality of food in the MDR and the self service restaurant was also very good and even when I didn’t really fancy anything on the menu our waiter even got the kitchen to cook me something special. They worked very hard for their tips and deserved every penny. The last time we were on this ship the sommelier and bar staff were well below par but this time they were brilliant, I don’t know if Celebrity have found a way of rewarding them better for all the guests with free drinks packages but they were certainly much quicker to serve us and there seemed to be more of them. Our sommelier was called Monte Carlo (honestly) and he really looked after all his tables. The only bugbear was that they put the upgrade price up from $10 to $14 per day which I have to say a 40% increase is a bit strong but then they sent us a flyer in the cabin saying it was $10 but refused subsequently to honour it. I was a bit miffed to say the least along with many others I spoke to. The cabins are OK, we were in Concierge Class, the bathrooms have a shower curtain which is a bit naff but they’re certainly not anything to complain about. Again the service from the steward was excellent. On the downside the entertainment was poor in my opinion, in the martini bar the so called DJ played covers from a pre loaded laptop through poor speakers at volume that was too loud for the speakers so it distorted and just about everyone I spoke to thought it was inappropriate music for the audience and a bit annoying. We couldn’t hear ourselves speak some nights. The live groups who played around the ship were decidedly average and way below the usual quality we’ve experienced on Celebrity ships. I don’t like the timings either (personal bugbear) the shows are at 7.00 and 9.00 so if you are on the late dining you have to rush back to the ship and get changed to get out to see the show at 7, not relaxing at all and then after dinner there’s not much happening. On others ships dinner is at 6.30 & 8.30 and the shows at 8.30 & 10.30 so you can have dinner and then see a show. I can’t believe I’m alone in this preference as the early shows we went to were less than half full and there were no seats available at the late ones. All in all we really enjoyed the cruise, met some lovely people as always, and can’t wait to go again.

Fantastic itinerary, great service, mediocre entertainment.

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by joe24601

joe24601’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Concierge Class 2
Cabin C2 8088
Usual layout with a small but adequate balcony. The quality of the furnishings is fairly good and the bed was comfortable. The tv is a bit small and Celebrity have cut back on the on screen entertainment. No original music or free movies.

The bathroom is ok if a little on the small size but the shower is a bit weak and the shower curtain is naff.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins