3. Avalon Expression
my parents recommended the cruise, and we are glad they did. We chose Avalon, to be totally honest, because it was much cheaper than Viking. We are glad we did! I can't think of anything I was unhappy about, so I'll point out some things I extra loved - the USB charging ports in the room, the internet working across the boat (except the top deck), the generous and delicious food options. the greatest tour director in history. his name was Tony. no idea his last name, but I am sure you have it. I don't see any demographic questions below, but I have to imagine that is super important. We were younger that most. I am 46, and wifey is 44. We have no kids (hence the disposable income) and live in Denver, CO. We both have corporate office/cubicle type jobs, and our household makes about 180K annually. WAIT... small criticism. the TV options were weird. For English speaking cruises, you should have a package of English speaking TV options. Not that we watched much TV, but it was a nice option late at night as we relaxed before bed. NOTE - I am not sure of the embarkation date. We traveled so much and so fast over a few weeks, and the cruise was a small part. it was the Avalon Expression, from Prague to Bratislava to Vienna. Or... was it Budapest? Cruise director was the amazing Tony. It was an English speaking group, and about 4 to 6 days long. I hope this is helpful, and you are more than welcome to reach out to me for more details or any clarification. WAIT... one more thing. on one of the days, Tony did a narrative speech of what we were seeing as we passed it. It was beamed across the ship. LOVED IT. Wish he did one of those every day.

Our cruise director made the difference!

Avalon Expression Cruise Review by Kevin of Denver

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Window

Kevin of Denver’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Expression price drops

Deluxe Stateroom with Window
Cabin D 101
I don't remember the type of room, and I think the number was 101. It was a smaller and simpler room on the bottom floor. it was terrific! For such a small space, it was very well laid out. Service and cleaning were impeccable. I especially loved that while we were at dinner every night, we would come back to a clean room and the newsletter and maps and updates about our next day. it was perfect timing as we would be begin to plan our next day.
Indigo Deck Outside Cabins