3. Brilliance of the Seas
I am a long time customer of RCCL. I have had some great cruises and some medium cruises and now I have hit the worst. I booked this cruise to check off some of my items on my "bucket list," Sphinx, pyramids, Parthenon and more. While seeing the sights was my main objective, having to go into the hallway almost everyday was like walking into the smells of a giant outhouse. It was unbelievable... I complained over the phone to guest services the first day. They said they were emptying "grey water" and there was a malfunction and the smell would be gone the next day. Well I waited two days, dealing with the smell, and then went in person to guest services. I kindly introduced myself, cabin number and that I was a great fan and loyal customer of RCCL. I asked if I told him of my complaints would they be addressed. He just smiled. I proceeded to tell him that there was a foul sewer smell the whole length of the hallway on deck 3, starboard side. He said, and I quote..."this is a flaw with this type of ship and there is NOTHING we can do about it. You will experience this smell several times during your cruise." I could not believe it. The smell did not permeate the cabin, but it would just about knock you over when you opened the door to the hallway. Unfortunately we had to deal with gale force winds and had to miss our first port of Tunisia. The ports we did visit were lovely. Cruise Director...basically non existent. He even had a verbal altercation in front of hundreds of cruisers with another cruiser...very unprofessional. On board activities were boring. Entertainment could better be found at a local county fair. Food was like a "fast food diner" in both main dining and Windjammer. This will not keep me from sailing with RCCL, I will just stay clear of any ship that the cruise director, head chef and captain are sailing. As a person retired from public relations, these 3 people get an "F" for their unprofessional and lack of experience dealing with their customer base. Last note...look to see where your cabin is...stay away from the starboard side on "Brilliance of the Seas."

Sewer Smell - Guest Services Says

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by jaydeecozumel

jaydeecozumel’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas price drops

Do Not book Deck 3, Starboard, because of sewer smell in hallways.
  Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans

• Alexandria
    Great tour to Cairo. Saw the pyramid and sphynx. Beautiful and somewhat depressing in that within a couple 100 yards of the great pyramids is a Pizza Hut. The city is totally surrounding the site. I had imagined that it was going to be isolated. The sphynx was used by the Egyptian army for target practice, to which the statue is almost without a nose. Guide very imformative and very protective. The sellers of "all things Egypt" were very persistent. Don't get on any camel with out negotiating a price or let anyone use your camera to take your picture...you might not get your camera back. We were warned so that made it easy. Bus, extremely clean. They gave us a very upscale sack snack with a banana, apple, box juice, chips, energy bar, crackers, cookies and towelette. This was to hold us over till we had a great buffet lunch. The trip is long...2.5 hours from port to Cairo and back so this is an 11 hour trip...but worth it. You get to go in a 4x4 through the sand dunes then get on a camel to head to a country club for lunch. Enjoy
    View All 120 Alexandria Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Alexandria Cruise Port Review
  • Athens (Piraeus)
    Tour to Parthenon was very nice. Be prepared to do a lot of walking uphill. Bus, very clean, guide very nice. The tour included many sites.
    View All 1,260 Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Review
  • Barcelona
    The BEST check in experience I have ever had with RCCL. Amazingly organized. Extremely friendly. We stayed 5 days in Barcelona when we returned. I loved this city and will return. It is filled with architecture, food, music, wonderful friendly people...Christmas was beautiful. Transportation is great. City is beautiful and extremely clean. Highly recommend Barcelona as a Christmas destination. All the streets were decorated with different themes. It was beautiful at night with all the lights.
    View All 2,257 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barcelona Cruise Port Review
  • Limassol
    The port was great, however it was out in the middle of nowhere. RCCL charged a shuttle fee to take you to the city. The ship docks right in the middle of all the cargo ships. Once you got to the city it was easy to walk around. Sponge museum has a lot of souvenirs. It was Christmas so shops and streets were decorated.
    View All 70 Limassol Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Limassol Cruise Port Review
  • Malta (Valletta)
    Beautiful historic city/island. Once you get up the hill to the city, it is easy walking and plenty to see. Sit and enjoy some coffee and watch the people.
    View All 616 Malta (Valletta) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Malta (Valletta) Cruise Port Review
  • Rhodes
    Great historic island/city. Very easy walk to the city. So many shops. Great coffee and Baklava.
    View All 481 Rhodes Cruise Port Reviews