The itinerary of this Trans Atlantic (Montreal - Southampton, starting May 8) was great. The Marina and Riviera are our favorite ships. Unfortunately the embarkation was in another port than planned. The dis-organization was complete there. No Oceania-crew visible. Long waiting and nobody taking care at our luggage. I decided to do that job myself and at the end I personally put my luggage in the bus. The food was ok but has been better in the past. Alas too often bread is dried out, cutting the sllzes too far in advance. About 50% of the fruit at breakfast was unripe. The 'fresh' orange juice was probably never fresh. Why not admit?! At dinner not much variation on the menu and the ingredients seem to be cheaper than in the past. Some waiters are not as friendly as we were used to in the past. The Barista was excellent as always, as were the smoothies. The entertainment was as usual: not very good. Too loud screaming 'soprano's' are even more annoying when we are trying to talk during happy hour. However, we are not really cruising for the entertainment. There was a very good lecturer fro GB. The officers, even including the CD are hardly visible. I saw an other review with the following complaint about that: "Whilst we don't normally participate in trivia and other activities, we are normally on nodding terms at the very least with the Cruise Director. This is the first time that I have NEVER seen a Cruise Director around the ship..... Activities, particularly on sea days, were uninspired". I can only say that being invisible was the best this CD could do: Who would like to meet this unfriendly and rude man when enjoying your holiday? Not me. Wer still like Oceania, but we hope the down grading will stop.

May 8, Trans Atlantic Montreal - Southampton.

Marina Cruise Review by Joe-Neth

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Verandah Stateroom

The Marina and Riviera are our favorite ships.

The food was ok but has been better in the past.

Alas too often bread is dried out, cutting the sllzes too far in advance.

The Barista was excellent as always, as were the smoothies.

The entertainment was as usual: not very good.

There was a very good lecturer fro GB.

The officers, even including the CD are hardly visible.

I saw an other review with the following complaint about that:

I can only say that being invisible was the best this CD could do:

Who would like to meet this unfriendly and rude man when enjoying your holiday?

Not me.

Wer still like Oceania, but we hope the down grading will stop.
Joe-Neth’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin B1
The cabin was very good, the cabin steward was excellent, very friendly and helpful when needed. Couln not be better.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins