3. Avalon Luminary
I was drawn to this cruise advertised as Tulips of Holland. I realized that I knew so very little about this part of Europe and the opportunity to experience more than Amsterdam was intriguing. I am embarrassed to say that Holland and Amsterdam was very familiar, but I did not know exactly how "Netherlands" was related or inclusive of these more popular cities/areas. The trip was perfect... with speakers, excursions and free time to find out everything I wanted and needed to learn about this amazing land. The weather was mild and made cruising along the coast line as pleasant as the inner harbors. We arrived early in the tulip season and literally watched blooms open with each trek on land. The food was excellent and dining staff made sure all dietary restrictions were accommodated. I met many friendly folks on this cruise and the age range was ideal, adding energy and interest. I have always been pleased with Avalon's travel accommodations, the ship's crew and the tour guides and this trip was nothing short of wonderful! I have had the opportunity to travel with two other cruise lines and by far, Avalon is my favorite.

First Wonderful View of Netherlands

Tarlady’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Luminary price drops

Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin P 305
Cabin was extremely comfortable with very good storage and ample personal space.
Royal Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins