3. Pacific Princess
My Mom booked it for our birthdays. Here is what you should know about this ship and her crew: everything is clean all the time. Dining was super fantastic, delicious. My husband took the tour of the galleys and he SAW how they do it! There is a fabulous library on board augmented by Andrew the assistant cruise director. He comes up with more fun stuff to do than even I could! The bars are all well-staffed with knowledgeable people who know their own drink menus so well they can offer suggestions at any moment. If you are in doubt about a great libation, visit Mary Jane at the poolside bar or head to the Club Bar or Casino Bar. There are two additional Lounges as well that accompany the entertainment venues just for convenience. There is no such thing as being bored or involuntarily idle on the Pacific Princess. I did not take advantage of the shore excursions, nor did I choose to excercise as much as I should have which I am sure is why I was not able to give excellent ratings in these categories. You should also know I did the cruise two times in a row. Our first Captain, Captain Slight, steered us away from a potentially very hazardous wind storm that came through some mountain passes. He advised us to declutter our cabins and secure breakables and spillables. The ‘worst’ of it passed in the wee hours and we all seem to have slept through it! Our next Captain saw us through the first hurricane of the season which passed far to the northwest of our course. The officers are clearly well trained and knowledgeable. Passenger safety and service are the number one concerns of every member of the crew on board this ship. The passenger crew ratio is about 2:1, and every crew member has YOU in mind every moment he or she is on duty.

I didn’t know what a vacation was until we sailed on the Pacific Princess

Pacific Princess Cruise Review by Julia Ross

Julia Ross’s Full Rating Summary
Get Pacific Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OV 4019
Closets and drawer space GALORE! Even the bathroom is outfitted with shelving and a cabinet for toiletries. Don’t hesitate to hand launder your undies: there is a clothesline in the shower! Spot clean any accidents or spills; the sink is perfect for rinsing out your bathing suit.
Deck 6 Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins