3. Oasis of the Seas
This trip was to celebrate our son's high school graduation, and we went with another family who also had a graduate, so we decided to try the Oasis of the Seas in large part because of all the on-board activities. To make a long story short, everybody had plenty to do, and we all had a great time! The ship is huge, and gorgeous, but it really didn't seem like we had to walk an excessive amount, or take too many stairs. That might have been a benefit of our cabin location, but before the trip we had joked about walking 1/4 mile to dinner, but it turned out not to feel like that at all. I mentioned the ship was gorgeous, and we really liked all the different areas. Our room was on the same floor and near Central Park, so we ended up walking through that area quite a bit, and it never seemed particularly crowded. Speaking of crowds, the ship was apparently completely full, but other than a few areas, it never really seemed too crowded. We were concerned it might be hard to get deck chairs, but that was never a problem. We ran into a few lines at the buffet, but they were never really bad, and there were long lines for the FlowRiders, but I guess with that many people there's not much they can do about that. Overall, the food was great. It always bugs me to see reviews bashing the food, like those folks eat better than cruise food every meal when they're at home (yeah, right). We had dinner every night in the main dining room, and the food, and service, was great. One member of our group has a reputation for being a little picky, but darned if he wasn't scarfing down two each of appetizer, main course and dessert. The specialty restaurants are tempting, but I can't see paying extra when the food in the dining room is so good, plus we like the time spent together and getting to know our waiters. We ate quite a bit at the Park Cafe, which was never busy, and the kids wore out the pizza place. The ice show and the water show were great, and the comedians were awesome. (I would have enjoyed more comedians, or the same guys with different shows on different nights.) The Come Fly With Me had its moments, but wasn't our favorite, and we didn't see Cats. I was very pleased with the service we received, from our room steward, to main dining room waiters, pretty much everybody on the ship that we came across was awesome. Labadee was fun, nice water to play in. Not a lot to see snorkeling, but was still fun looking around. We booked a private tour in Jamaica, to the Blue Hole and Dunn's River. It's a shame the port is so far from both of those, we felt like we had to rush to get back in time to do some shopping. In any case, the Blue Hole was awesome, would love to go there again, and Dunn's River was fun as well. We ended up with not the best tour driver, he just didn't have much to say, so we were a little unclear where to go, what to do at Dunn's River (he basically just showed us to the entrance). Now that I've been there, here's what to do - If you're at least a little adventurous, don't bother with getting a guide. We just climbed the falls on our own, which was much nicer (and faster, and cheaper) than the groups, which were creeping up the falls at the pace of the slowest member. Do take a water-proof camera, or a camera in a waterproof bag, we didn't, so we don't have any pictures. The start of the falls is down at the beach, just follow the signs to the beach if you want to start at the bottom. (That seems self-explanatory when I write it, but wasn't clear at all when we were wandering around.) Cozumel was fun, we paid $21 to go to the Chankanaab resort, which was just a short cab ride away ($24 each way for the 8 of us). It has a nice area with chairs, and a great area to snorkel, lots of nice fish. We took our own snorkel gear on the trip, I think it was $5 to rent. We bought a few snacks there, and then went back to eat lunch at Senor Frogs, which was a fun experience (my daughter's drink came in a huge bottle, I'm not even sure how much that cost, but we'll remember that for a while). Shopping was fun there as well. Like I mentioned at the top, I think everybody had a great time. Our family has been on several cruises, on several different lines, and Royal Caribbean is definitely among the best (you can't beat Disney, but $$$). This was the first cruise for the family we went with, and they loved it, already talking about the next one. We would definitely go on this ship again.

Awesome Trip!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by TNtraveler99

TNtraveler99’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D 8136
Typical cabin, nothing particularly different from any other balcony cabin we've stayed in.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Falmouth
    The Blue Hole and Dunn's River Falls are both great places, and we had a lot of fun. They are a long way from the port, over an hour, so we felt a little rushed to get back in time to shop. The driver got us there and back, no problem, but wasn't much of a talker, would have been nice to hear more about the island on the drive, and more about what to do at the stops.
    View All 13,939 Falmouth Cruise Port Reviews