3. Marella Explorer
We chose this ship because it was being re-launched with a new look. In hindsight we should not have gone on the 1st week as there were teething problems, but nothing worth writing home about. First reviewer has pretty much covered everything although I would disagree with the standard of food in the all-inclusive restaurants. We had a bad experience in the Vista (Italian) which we obviously spoke to the waitress about at the time. Wrong order arriving, poor lasagna which resembled something out of frozen microwave box and came in the same looking container dish ...... not good. Diners to my right refused to eat the carbonara, TWICE. I really REALLY got the impression they were trying to steer diners towards the restaurants with cover charge. We encountered this on the Marella Dream but maximum cost was £20 per head. I think having 5 out of 10 eateries with additional cover charge is too much. Especially as the remaining all-inclusive 5 are really only 3, as 2 are combined within other areas. Vista being part of Latitude and the Tapas and Pizza places both being in the Mediterranean area. Don't get me wrong, everyone was trying really hard to make sure guests had a great time, especially Captain Peter and we did have a lovely cruise! PS - I wish I'd known in advance about the free fitness classes at Champneys, I'd have taken my gym gear. Although I did book a lovely treatment.

Very Enjoyable

Marella Explorer Cruise Review by Weebubs

Weebubs’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Explorer price drops

In hindsight I wouldn't spend extra money on the 'large' balcony. We hardly used the hammock, and whilst one person is on it the balcony practically becomes unusable for the other. We also never used the sun lounger as the sun didn't really reach the back of the balcony. Two chairs and a little table are all that's required.
Everything that was needed was provided, cabins by their nature are compact. The shower room was larger than previously experienced. Good TV with lots of channels.