3. Marella Discovery 2
I chose this cruise for several reasons. 1. Itinerary, following the Adriatic coast I felt it would be more likely to be a smooth sail and the sea would be calm. ( I am not a good sailor). 2. The stop ports were places I hadn't been to before. This was my first time on a cruise and I traveled as a single woman. I arrived after an early morning flight. The check in was easy, quick photograph taken and given card for boarding in a flash. Everything was so organised and I felt that continued throughout the cruise and included departure at the end. The dining was fabulous, especially the main restaurants, with waiter service for breakfast lunch and dinner. Food was really good and well presented, menu changed every day. Italian on upper level fabulous too. Given a pager at busy times, so just went for a drink until table ready. Sharing a table meant that it was quicker to get a table and a great way to meet new people and chat. Didn't manage the A la Carte restaurants as they were booked up very quickly. The buffet restaurant has lots of choices but can be very busy, only went in there for breakfast and also lunch on first arrival but enjoyed it. I attended a singles meeting on the second day organised by the crew hostess. Lovely new friends made, and in particular one friend, that enabled us to do things together including trips ashore and evenings at different entertainment spots. So much to do and still didn't manage all the entertainment on board. My cabin had a window and a lovely comfy double bed, loved it, and a really good steward, who looked after me and my room. So much to say I could go on and on. The singing from the entertainers was superb. The places and excursions are amazing. I had 3 nights after the cruise at a hotel in Corfu, because as much as I loved it, It can be very tiring and hard on the joints. It was wonderful way to end an incredible holiday. The ship is gorgeous!

Wonderful from start to finish of cruise.

Marella Discovery 2 Cruise Review by Fleetie

I chose this cruise for several reasons.

2. The stop ports were places I hadn't been to before.

Fleetie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Discovery 2 price drops

I was so pleased when I saw my cabin. It was roomy with a very comfortable bed in a double formation. I had a window which made it light and airy. I had everything I needed, including a sofa in there. Plenty of mirrors, including a full length one. Sockets for phone charging etc. Good wardrobe space, hairdryer was good I took my own, as I have long hair, but didn't need it. Air con was perfect for me. My friend complained about hers and it was rectified and freezing in there, just as she liked it. Small bathroom and shower which was perfectly adequate.