Carnival Miracle Cruise Review
1,400 Reviews

TERRIBLE cruise-Carnival does not stand behind their product

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by TheresaRiggs

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

The cruise was substandard- improper equipment, smokey environment throughout the ship with poor if any exhaust system, murky pool water, impolite mechanics/technicians, poorly working stateroom air conditioning and the list goes on. If Carnival ever sends an email stating there are 'unavoidable routine maintenance issues' that cause the ship to be docked a couple days, here is what that meant for us. Propeller issues(took 3x to dock the ship), divers removing propeller parts, exposed pipes with water dripping all over the ship, large industrial fans drying out carpet, blowing germs in the air, smell of sewage when flushing, poorly working cabin a/c. This is NOT routine maintenance. Carnival refuses to refund any amount, but instead offers on board credit and a discounted future cruise. WHY would anyone want to cruise again with them when they don't stand behind their "product or service" ? Stated that since nobody else had complained about the a/c in our cabin, that part of our complaint was basically invalid. On board, we were refused a fan because they were only for medical necessity- so we had to purchase 2 fans for both of the staterooms. We also had to keep the curtains closed so the cabin would not heat up-when checked, it was deemed 'satisfactory' by ship standards of course.

I don't go on a cruise to keep my curtains closed.I work hard for my money and do not want to throw thousands of dollars away again. When I purchase a product, it is with certain expectations. Carnival would have fared better to keep its customers happy by a partial refund to me rather than placating with on board credit and future discounts. The excursion ticket time was incorrect on Carnivals side, left us waiting and extra hour in terrible heat and then the excursion was cut an hour shorter because of schedule changes. Carnival would not refund that money either. Carnival offered cruises last minute for $65 pp for gamblers, but cannot afford to compensate me fairly for valid dissatisfaction and to keep my business.

The staff was mostly pleasant, but obviously stressed from the beginning, doing the best they could do. The food was good, dining service was slow but pleasant. Customer service on the phone when called to 'complain' was poor. I actually had no desire to ask for a refund, but was hoping for an understanding ear and maybe a small discount. When the CS stated that they could not do anything because no one else had complained...and was completely disassociated from the emotion of how terrible this cruise was, then is when I went from disappointed, wanting to give feedback, to mad and wanting reimbursement-not moneys toward a future cruise that I am not inclined to want spend my hard earned money on. PLEASE look at all cruise lines prior to booking with a company who does not stand behind their name. Especially do not cruise the 'Miracle' ship.

TheresaRiggs's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 1129

Hot and miserable.

Snorkeling

It was supposed to be a 4 hour excursion, but was only 3. The cruise line tickets were printed to be at the pier at 0915, but it was actually 1015, so we wasted an hour in the heat for no reason. The snorkeling offered great views and was beautiful. Carnival offered no compensation for the problem that was Carnivals fault (late start and shortened snorkeling time because of rescheduling issues). The actual excursion staff on Cozumel were great, friendly and attentive.

View All 340 Snorkeling Reviews

Passion Island was a beautiful beach. The island staff was extremely courteous and helpful. They explained everything thoroughly, get drinks from the bar for us, helped with anything. Food was good. Some of the islands we've gone to had flies or bugs so it was not enjoyable, but Passion Island did not, therefore, it was easy to enjoy the food and the day. Also, there were a lot of trees so you are not sitting directly in the sun all day if you don't want to. Great excursion.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Tampa

We were in Tampa for 3 days due to a problem with the ship that was relayed to us as maintenance issues. We did not do excursions offered thru Carnival while in Tampa

TheresaRiggs