3. Empress of the Seas
We flew into Ft. Lauderdale the night before departure and arrived about 2am. Embarkation was at 11am that same day. I required handicap access and the port employees in Miami were right on it. They whisked me right through check in. The ship itself was small. It had recently been renovated but only had one pool for 1800 guests. We only had 1 sea day but still. I'm used to a Solarium where I can be away from the children or the ones who get overly "drunk" and loud. I enjoy my relaxation and there was none. Entertainment was okay. The comedian was hysterical. Service was excellent. Food was excellent. Ports were great. Loved Nassau, Atlantis! and Cuba. That's why we need a small ship so we can get into Cuba's small port. Our room? Horrid. The smallest cabin we ever had. My husband went and got the square footage of all "rooms" for our future bookings. We couldn't even maneuver around each other. We booked this cruise on the spur of the moment so an inside cabin was fine. Well, it wasn't. And it hadn't been renovated. The decor was old and tired. I didn't get my monies worth. However, I would go again. On Royal Caribbean, on a different ship to different ports. If I was going to Cuba again, I'd get a bigger room and get to the poolside earlier with my iPod.

Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas Bahamas & Cuba (4 days)

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review by burningham5

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

Entertainment was okay. The comedian was hysterical.

Service was excellent.

Food was excellent.

burningham5’s Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin 1V 8527
Very small. There weren't any shelves in the closet. There was barely space for one person to hang their clothes. There was room for 2 pair of shoes. the room itself had 6 drawers but they were hard to open and were small. They didn't hold enough clothing. There wasn't any room for stashing the suitcase or any extra bags (beach bag). Only one person could stand at a time. The other had to be on the bed. There wasn't even a little couch in the room!
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Historical City Center
    We enjoyed all the historical sites. After it was over we were able to walk around the city and see a few more from the book we had read on Cuba. Fascinating city.
    View All 42 Historical City Center Reviews