3. Carnival Victory
many of my friends was talking about the carnival cruise- so for my fiance's birthday- i suggested a cruise to the bahamas. here's a rundown of our cruise: 5/4: Tagging our luggage- very nice person- he informed us where to go and where to line up at- very helpful since we informed them that we were 1st time cruisers. Lining up at Guestcare- just so that we can put a credit card on file- which later i found out that we didnt need to put one on file. stood in line for 1 hour- no biggie- we were enjoying the scenery. getting on the ship: was cool- everyone was nice and pleasant to be around- we walked around until our room was ready. After 2.5 hours- we started to go to our room- per our sheet that we got from Guestcare- PROBLEMS: someone elses luggage was there- sheet that gave us iteneraries for the day- was not US- the room was supposed to be decorated with balloons and a drink for my birthday surprise for my fiance- WAS NOT THERE OR DONE. so.....thinking - it was simple mistake- we will find our luggage the decorations must have been an oversight- no problem- BUT- when we asked our stewards about our luggage- he was not helpful- said- "they were very busy and maybe 2 hours- we can get our luggage".... or " i can go to Guestcare- soo...we decided to go to Guestcare- where there was a line of people and long and behold- our luggage was sitting on the hallway- tag has been removed from porting- so there was no way of us finding out unless we look inside the luggage- which we did and thats how we find out that was our luggage. 5/5: we asked several for room service, since our room has not been cleaned- we asked for clean towels- only to be told that - they are on thier way to cleaning the rooms... 5/7: carnival DOUBLE charge my debit card- i had to wait until 5/9 to call guestcare and talk with them so that i can have my bank release the funds- in the meantime- my account in the negative for 2 days- no money until they released it- it was exhausting- Guestcare said that they failed to tell us about the hold- ...overall- the rest of the cruise was good- carnival pushes for Guestcare and how amazing they are- but we didnt feel- it was awful experience at first. we would like to cruise again- not sure if we will use carnival this time tho- but i really liked my carnival planner- greg- tho..

New cruisers- bad experience