Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by cakana

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom 10

Knowing nothing about specific cruise lines, I chose the one that AAA was offering. We felt like we hit the jackpot. The ship was beautiful, the food was fabulous and I can't imagine a better crew taking care of our every need. The entertainment was excellent and there was always a long list of activities for the day. I used the gym several times and it was modern, clean and the view was to die for. The highlight of the cruise was the Captain (Tazos). He was kind and oh so funny. Since we heard from him many times over the course of the cruise, it was great that he made it so enjoyable. Even when we had a couple that didn't return from their excursion and a passenger that had to be airlifted off the ship, he showed real concern and compassion. My friend and I had such a wonderful time, we tried to figure out a way to hide and sail on the next cruise.

cakana's Full Rating Summary

Inside Stateroom 10
Cabin 10 1148

My only regret was booking an inside stateroom. On a previous cruise with a different cruise company, I'd only had a small, blurry porthole. I thought it wouldn't be worth the money for this cruise but the oceanview rooms actually have nice sized windows.

Unfortunately, I need to add a negative note to my review. My friend and I expected to receive a final bill the last night on the ship. We didn't and were busy having fun, so we didn't pursue it until we got home. When we each received our final bill, we found that all the charges had gone on my credit card instead of split per each person's charges. They'd taken both of our credit cards upon embarkation, so we never imagined there would be a problem. When my friend contacted them, they said it would be difficult and time-consuming to correct the charges. It was disappointing that this happened and customer service wasn't willing to be more helpful.

cakana