3. Carnival Vista
Just got back from an 8 day southern cruise on Vista 05-27. We had a blast! I read so many reviews prior to boarding that I felt it only right to share one of my own. My husband and I are in mid 50's with mid 30's attitude:) We stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon the night before. They have a great deal that includes, lodging, parking while on the cruise and shuttle to the port. Embarkation was really easy. We arrived early for our scheduled time and were told to go in the early/late line instead of the appointment line. However, it didn't hold us up really. We arrived at the port at 11:30 in the pouring rain and was on the ship by 12:30. We had your time dining for the first time and LOVED it. It was so very nice to be able to go to dinner whenever we were ready. We went all different times. From the first night we were seated in James' section. He was a great guy! His service was fantastic and he always had a smile on his face, or was dancing or singing! We requested his section and each night were sat there. All the food in the dining room was good, no complaints. We had lunch at Guy's BBQ- wonderful!, Guys Burgers- Great, and the Blue Iguana- my favorite! We did not see the big deal in checking in on Deck 5 and then going to Deck 3 for dinner. We never stood in line more than 5 minutes and most nights there was maybe 1-2 people in front of us. As far as the buffet goes, both my husband and myself didn't really care for the selection at lunch/dinner. I found the cakes, as pretty as they were to really not have any taste,surprised me. They all pretty much tasted the same to me. With my research I was really looking forward to Matt being our cruise director. I was a little disappointed when I read that Emma Nixon was the CD for the trip. But my disappointed was short lived. Emma literally made this cruise! She is the sweetest, funniest, most energetic girl I have seen in a long time. I loved her costumes and her interaction with all the guest. She was simply wonderful! We LOVED the comedians, the fact that they have so many different ones during the same cruise was a surprise. We enjoyed both the PG and 18+ shows. The seating wasn't the best in some places but if you knew that, as we did, we always went early. Same goes with the Liquid Lounge. We watched the Lip Sync Battle and that too was really good. The 2 cruisers chosen to participate were great sports and did an awesome job! We did try out ping pong, putt putt, the water slides and Serenity Deck. We did not go to IMAX because they were not playing anything I was interested in seeing. The ports - Grand Turk was beautiful. We booked a snorkeling trip though and were pretty disappointed. Saw very few fish. La Romana- Did a dune buggy ride that was really fun. My husband tried really hard to scare me and he succeeded! We drove to a sugar cane farm and then through all kinds of roads. Some of the kids hold their hands out for a high 5. Although we really enjoyed the ride, there wasn't really any scenery to speak of. Curacao- very pretty, tried snorkeling again to no avail. The waters were really really rough. Had a really hard time even getting out to where we were supposed to snorkel but then didn't see anything. There was a sunken boat as they said but the water was so rough you could barely see it. We then relaxed at the resort area which was good. We walked to the floating bridge and took pictures. Aruba- by far our favorite! Gorgeous blue teal, green waters. We rode jeeps along the coastline and it was great! Very rocky and dusty but it is what we signed up for. The views were breathtaking. I would say that this would be the port that most people that haven't cruised maybe think all ports are like. On disembark day we had some weather issues so were not allowed to leave the boat until about 11:45. I know the guests waiting to board were very excited to see u leave! Overall it was a fantastic cruise I would do again in a heartbeat. If I had to mention any cons- the pools are super small and unfortunately have a kind of sunscreen scum that forms by mid day. However the guy at the pool is constantly trying to sweep it out. The Serenity Deck is right next to the water slides LOL not very serene. Also we signed up for the Behind the Fun tour as soon as we got on the ship. We did go to the galley, the storage room, the engine room, the laundry, and the bridge. We thought it would be more of a look at the ship while at work, but it was more of a tour through these areas that were cleaned and polished for show. Thought the tickets were expensive for what you get. Other than that we had a perfect time!

Carnival Vista Review

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by JimandChicky

The Serenity Deck is right next to the water slides LOL not very serene.

Other than that we had a perfect time!
JimandChicky’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D 8275
We were in Cabin 8275/balcony which was great. I honestly can't think of anything I would have changed. There was plenty of room to move around, plenty of storage, bed was comfy and we had the absolute BEST Steward named Pan. He was awesome! Always a smile on his face, always got in to clean the room without ever running into him. He was the best!
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins