• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Tia B
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2018
Cabin: Obstructed Ocean View Balcony

I am a RCCL Crown & Anchor member. Have taken multiple cruises from Port Liberty and will take a 3rd Mediterranean cruise this Sept. Maybe it's the Quantum class but I'm not a fan of the big ships now. This was my first time on this class but it was just OK. The Silk dining room overcooked all meat and fish and the Chicken Parmesan was one of the most boring I ever had. Ordered different fish 3 times and 3 times it was overcooked, tough and dry. The cheesecake reminded me of what you'd get at a rest stop on the NJ Turnpike. Endless lines for Guest Services, gentleman at Crown & Anchor acted like I woke him up. Getting on and off the ship needs big improvement, although boarding was much better than leaving. DON'T EVER BOOK A CABIN ON DECK 6!!!! Saying there is a partially obstructed view is a gross misrepresentation. My cabin 6706 was 50% blocked and my sisters, 6698 was at least 75% blocked. We had a cabin 6308 on the opposite side that was 50% also. Another family member was on Deck 8 and that was better. But we all paid the same price. Awful. I was such a huge RCCL fan but in the last few years, they have gone down hill. Celebrity, their partner company, is much better. You pay a bit more but it's worth it. I'm really sorry to say that but this is the 3rd time I've noticed it. Somewhat better in Europe. So I'll stick with them there but I'm probably leaving them for the Americas. Also, our shore excursion bus was an hour late and wouldn't extend an hour or give a partial refund. Not good.

Obstructed Ocean View Balcony

Cabin 1E

Obstructed view is a gross misrepresentation. 50% of the view was blocked by life rafts.

Find an Anthem of the Seas Cruise from $441