Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by aurpon

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Chose the Bliss to Alaska as our first cruise to celebrate 2 birthdays in the family. Their much touted go-kart was a huge attraction.

My wife had called Norwegian ahead of time (before boarding) informing them of this special occasion and they had mentioned they would have a surprise in the room when we enter.

Of course--nothing when we boarded.

Go-Karting and Laser Tag--there's an additional fee for those. On top of the $6.5K we already paid. Also, when we went to Go-Kart, we were told that although we had paid and made a reservation, there weren't any 2 seaters that they could give my daughter and I and we would need to pay for 2 hours. Did I mention it was very windy and 40 degrees outside while we waited in line for 30 minutes to be told this? This was on Day 1.

Oh, did I mention, they don't have indoor pools? So my 7 year old couldn't swim as it's 40 degrees outside on their outdoor pools.

When my wife went to guest services to remind them about her call on trying to make the trip special for us, guest services was rude and then gave a certificate for a cake at one of the restaurants.

Finally--as soon as we had boarded, we requested to change one of our included packages (from the on shore excursion credit to special dining). The response? Sorry--can't change after you board. That's our policy.

Not accommodating at all. If this was my experience on day 1 then I'm never going to cruise NCL again. EVER. You would expect they would at least try but it seems as if corporate policy trumps everything else. You would expect they could change the on shore excursion to the dining credit. Their response was, "if we do it for you, we would need to do it for the others." Really? Great way to make me feel special.

aurpon's Full Rating Summary