3. Regal Princess
Ok , so I wish this information was available to to me before I left. Here goes Regal is a beauty. We have been on 6 cruises and this ship by far has it all. I think the newer ships have such technology to make for a smooth saling I actually like the rocking and rolling of the ships but with Regal it was like being on glass. Didn't even move during high winds . Embarkation and Disembarkation was a breeze. Best yet. Crew was super friendly. So much to do on board. Rooms where neat and clean. Food in Buffet was so diverse Only comment is not much spaghetti and I love spaghetti. Happy to see hand washing sinks as well as sanitizer Buffets are the best place to get the Neuro virus so extra precautions there deserve praise. Now for down side. This ship carries 3,500 passengers. This is more than I have ever been on. So crowds where everywhere. On and off the ship, in the elevators, at the buffet. We booked the Berlin trip with Princess which was very well organized. The cruise line has its own train waiting for you within walking distance of the ship. It does not stop anywhere so you get to Berlin in 2.3 hrs. However, Berlin was disappointment. Although the wall is still up in places the history is gone. Check point Charlie was a joke. Maybe it seems unfair but I was there when the wall was still up and CPC was the only way in and out. That is all gone now. In-fact there is a McDonalds right where the wall was. So I would advise not doing that trip. Second Excursion we did with Princess was Stockholm. Keep in mind that it is a short day, ship leaves at 1;30 Stockholm is a big city and with 3,500 people filtering in at the same time it gets insane. We did Vasa Musuem and time on your own. Forget it. You might have 1 hr if your lucky as it is impossible to get around town . We looked into doing a private tour there but the prices were too high. And the port is very far from the old city so you cant even walk. All other ports where with private small group tours which worked out great.. Helsinki was my favorite by far. Small city with lots of shops, a great market square and the Trams run from the city right to the ship. Dont miss the Rock Church! One other surprise was the demographics of the passengers. On This cruise there were 60% Asians, 25% USA & Canada and the rest Southern Europeans and Ausssies There was a small outbreak of Influenza on board and I for one came down with it. The medical staff was very good and in 24hrs I was feeling much better. As far as money goes you only need your credit card. Even the taxis take them. We only used currency as tips for our guides. And there are ATMS on board for local exchange. Note that American Express is not taken at many places so make sure you have another CC on hand. We hit a heat wave. It was 75% and sunny the entire trip. It was 80 in Stockholm with no shade.!!The ports where hot and sunny so make sure you bring some summer clothes. We packed rain gear, light jackets and jeans and needed none of it. One big mistake was booking our flights with Princess on IcelandAir. We thought connecting in Iceland would break up the trip but the connections were so tight we ran to catch our flights. Icelands airport cannot handle the amount of tourist using it. Plus they charge you at the airport for your luggage $95. Shocker!! Do your own air if you can.

Things to know

Regal Princess Cruise Review by bella c

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony
Ok , so I wish this information was available to to me before I left. Here goes

Regal is a beauty. We have been on 6 cruises and this ship by far has it all.

I think the newer ships have such technology to make for a smooth saling

Didn't even move during high winds .

Embarkation and Disembarkation was a breeze. Best yet. Crew was super friendly.

All other ports where with private small group tours which worked out great..

The medical staff was very good and in 24hrs I was feeling much better.

As far as money goes you only need your credit card. Even the taxis take them.

We packed rain gear, light jackets and jeans and needed none of it.

bella c’s Full Rating Summary