We had a lovely time with the ship being clean and having a very friendly staff. If there were 1258 on board we maybe saw 300. I was alone most mornings walking up to the gym and we rarely waited in line to get food at the Lido. I think the longest line was for omelets for breakfast and getting off the ship one day because we arrived an hour later than planned. This was our first time on HAL (3 prior RC cruises) and we were pleased with the size of our ocean view stateroom. We saved a lot of money by choosing that vs veranda room. It was cold out (for us who live in CA) and other than opening the doors for a breeze, it would have been too cold (or rainly a couple days) to even sit out there. There was more than enough closet and drawer space in the bathroom and throughout the cabin. Two large drawers next to each side of the bed, big six drawer one at the main dresser/desk area and one next to the sofa with two drawers. There are two large ones when you walk in with lots of hangars and one with shelves. HOTTEST WATER EVER in the bathroom sink so be careful there. Seriously, boiling if you don’t watch it. We are not big foodies and thought the food was decent. It wasn’t the greatest variety but of course, had the basics and you won’t go hungry. We only ate at the Lido and main dining room—I wore black slacks and a sweater, my husband, cords and button-down plaid shirt and we were fine. I saw one man in a tux the entire time and a few suits but other than that rather casual. No one cares…I’m all about comfort but to each their own. There was also a daily taco bar next to the Dive In burger place—we never tried a burger but the tacos were self-serve and ok. I did not expect us to go to the entertainment 4 out of the 7 nights---they were just that, entertaining, and the best part only 45 minutes long. You can only see so many dance routines and songs without getting bored. The sound, quality, and talent were great. There was a comedian one night which was great to escape and laugh. We went to the casino a couple nights for fun but the cigar smoke was awful. The lounges were throughout and never crowded. I also did the Slot Tournament and somehow won! It truly was a game of luck and how fast you can click the buttons---think Whack-A-Mole, ha! $20 buy in and I won $320 so never expected to take money OFF the ship. There was art work and jewelry to purchase but not my thing… We did out laundry after four days which was perfect—no lines--$2.00 to wash and $1.00 to dry and they even provided liquid soap. There was also an iron and board there. (Photo attached) Regarding the ports: Bar Harbor was fun to walk around the downtown and the shoreline path, but due to weather, we didn’t even go to Acadia –which was unfortunate. Halifax was probably my favorite, we walked but if you aren’t into walking then I’d take a cab to the Citadel and see it and the Tower Clock, then walk over a few blocks to the beautiful Public Gardens. Lovely! Think mini Central Park! We then walked back to the ship, ate a quick lunch and went on a 1:30 tour to Peggy’s Cove which I loved! BRING A JACKET---I thankfully did and my gloves (again I’m always cold from CA) but it’s one of the best lighthouse views I’ve seen. The Titanic Gravesites were also worth visiting. Very humbling. Not much to do in Sydney, but the big Fiddle and waterfront boardwalk was nice. We walked to see some of the historical landmarks, all within walking distance and there’s an easy map that you’d see. Prince Edward Island –again, we walked but if I did again, I’d take a taxi to City Hall (we didn’t do the tour but the gal was nice enough to let us go to the second floor to see the chambers—where the Confederation was signed/happened) which was cool. We then thought we’d walk to the nearby Lighthouse—nice boardwalk but it was A LOT further than what the map depicted so we turned around (due to time as well). We went on the lighthouse and cellar excursion and that was great—saw two lighthouses and ended with a stop at a winery. It was a perfect afternoon off the ship. The best part is that you could buy a bottle of wine and bring it back on board without the $18 corkage fee. The wine is nice, not the greatest, but worth it ---I think the most expensive bottle was $23. Quebec was delightful! If you haven’t been to Paris then I recommend Quebec! A small French town that is like a mini Paris. Gotta run but hope this has been helpful to you. Enjoy, the Maasdam!

New England/Canada Cruise - Fantastic!

Maasdam Cruise Review by Orcak177

Gotta run but hope this has been helpful to you. Enjoy, the Maasdam!
Orcak177’s Full Rating Summary

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin F 824
There was more than enough closet and drawer space in the bathroom and throughout the cabin. Two large drawers next to each side of the bed, big six drawer-one at the main dresser/desk area and one next to the sofa with two drawers. There are two large ones when you walk in with lots of hangars and one with shelves. HOTTEST WATER EVER in the bathroom sink so be careful there. Seriously, boiling if you don’t watch it. We did hear noise from the ship--to be expected but more like humming than banging and it was actually comforting to sleep to. We would hear thrusters or whatever it was when we would leave each port, but again, nothing major. If you want absolute silence then this isn't your cabin, but I'm a light sleeper and was fine.
A Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins