Marella Discovery Cruise Review

Such a disappointment

Marella Discovery Cruise Review by Alfiecat

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe

I choose this cruise because I had been on two Thomson ships before it became Tui. The expieriance before was amazing. This time it was awful!!! Firstly, there was no sail away party which before was fabulous and we looked so forward to it again. After our first night in our inside cabin, which we had had inside before, this time two mattresses put together and they separated during the night making it impossible to get comfortable. So we went to reception to ask if they could help our situation. We were told there would be a super king mattress put in place, I was in the cabin when the maid came to inform me they don’t have such thing on the ship. So she proceeded to strip the bed to see how she could help. To my disgust when she removed the sheet the mattress protector was filthy with stains from top to bottom. I was horrified to think this is what we had lay on. The protectors from the bed were replaced with relatively clean ones put across the beds to stop them parting in the middle.

Still not happy we returned to reception next day informing them that no such mattress was available according to the maid. Then once more they said they would deal with it. Next we were approached with the head housekeeper to apologise for our inconvenience but said there is no such mattress on board!

Staff on board were very much under pressure and with only a very few happy helpful faces.

My husband has the constitution of an Ox, and yet after dining in Gallery 47 was extremely sick just after eating his meal. The choice of menus were very limited also.

The buffet eating was nothing like our expieriance on the two previous ships.

Then the entertainment, was poor same things every day/night. The standard was very poor.

The promise of movies by midnight never once was on.

Our holiday on this ship has put us off ever cruising again, it was a long two weeks trying to put our time in while on board.

The outside pool was closed for days.

Alfiecat's Full Rating Summary