• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Review for Golden Princess to Alaska
GertrudeSmith
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: May 2018
Cabin: Oceanview (obstructed view)

My very first cruise experience was terrible and I will never cruise with Princess again. For an entire week, we smelled disgusting sewage smell every day in multiple locations throughout the ship. Additionally, there were many places in the middle of the ship were water (or something) was dripping through the ceiling tiles onto the floor. On our stateroom floor, this was so bad that an air fan/dryer was placed in the hallway and ran 24/7 to keep the carpet dry. The smell of sewage was so prominent that it ruined my vacation. It was difficult to have an appetite or want to eat any of their food. It made me concerned about their sanitation. Additionally, the products, services and entertainment are all extremely overpriced. The food was well below the quality I expected and was mediocre at best. The fitness center equipment wasn’t all working properly. Hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas weren’t hot.

Oceanview (obstructed view)

Felt like a cheap hotel.

7 Helpful Votes