This was our 5th cruise with Oceania. We chose this particular one for its itinerary, starting in Tokyo and ending in Bangkok. It was the only one we found on an upscale cruise line that covered so much of the coast of Asia in less than 3 weeks. The choice of ports was excellent -- but be aware that it is extremely hot in Saigon and Bangkok in mid-April. The cruise started in Tokyo on March 24, presumably to avoid very chilly weather. The trade-off was the heat at the end of the tour. My husband and I are independent travelers and we never take shore excursions offered by the ship so I can't comment on the quality of the excursions. Instead we wander around on our own (using hop-on hop-off busses) or book through private booking companies -- which I highly recommend in Asia, as there are few signs in English. This cruise was a 50th anniversary trip for us so we splurged on the Owners Suite. The service and accommodations were between "extraordinary" and "over the top." But we found the same to be true at any of the "Concierge" level accommodations, so it's not necessary to book an Owners Suite to feel pampered. Our only complaint was that the quality of the dining experience has declined somewhat since our first cruise on Oceania in 2012. After Norwegian Cruise Line took over Oceania, we noticed some cost-cutting measures, including the quality of the food, which I would describe as "very good," as opposed to "excellent" when we first started cruising with Oceania. Still, I wouldn't hesitate to book a cruise with them, and in fact we have booked another one this September.

A very good cruise

Senior Citizens’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Nautica price drops

Owner's Suite
Cabin OS 8067
The cabin is spacious and luxurious, with an oversized balcony, a separate bedroom, and 1 1/2 baths. You can't ask for more.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins