• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

American Star Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Very expensive for a sub par room and terrible food

Review for American Star to the USA
jeanwhelan
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2018
Cabin: Cabin AAL

This experience was a rip off! The cruise cost over $10,000 for 7 days. The ship should be mothballed and the food was terrible. The food was obviously frozen and reheated in the microwave. American Cruise Lines advertised this cruise as serving gourmet food. The cocktail hour consisted of frozen food and the wine was solely from California. The retail cost of the wine was $4.99. When I requested another brand of wine I was told that I had to pay $30.00 for a bottle. Again this cruise was advertised as serving premium wines!!! When we contacted customer service, they will not speak to you. The noise in the room at night was unbearable. The engine and the thrusters were so loud at night that we could not get any sleep. The air conditioner shut itself off at night. The engineer tried to fix it may times. I will never use this cruse line again.

Cabin AAL

Cabin AAL

The cabin was extremely small and the air conditioner did not function properly. The windows leaked in the rain. We could not sleep at night as the engine and thrusters were so loud.

7 Helpful Votes