My wife and I long ago started working on our travel list and have been around the world by air and land. We have had some great adventures and consider ourselves blessed. The idea of a cruise never appealed to my wife....(rumors of crowds, lines, disorganization, media reports of fights, hurricane cruises etc) When Alaska came up we knew we had to do something different as it is best accessed by sea. After some convincing she agreed to give it a try. I researched the cruise lines and quickly discovered my alignment with HAL. In short Luxury at an amazing price point with the right size ships with our likes ( strings, art, lingering four course gourmet cuisine, wine, specialty dining, clean an comfortable accomodations, awesome service, great communication, scenic itinerary, a focus on safety, and always a smile) Shortly after boarding I asked the cabin steward what it was like to work for HAL. To paraphrase he indicated that he had worked for them since 1996 and felt loyal to the brand as they have treated me well. He went on to say we take pride in our ship, we are family, and this is our home. Really enough said. The leadership of this organization shines through from the Captain to the Cabin Steward. Bravo HAL, my wife said she felt like a queen. See you next year on the Mediterranean.

HAL nailed it - wonderful experience

Noordam Cruise Review by slately