3. MSC Seaside
I have been on over a dozen cruises (Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Carnival), all shapes and sizes. The MSC Seaside was a beautiful ship, immaculate in appearance and cleanliness. However, it lacked accommodating the 5000 passengers. There were just too many people - lines wherever we went. We rarely could get an elevator, which was good for burning those extra calories:) There were not enough exits when leaving the ship - even though we wouldn't leave until an hour or two after arriving in port, we always waited in line. The disembark morning was a nightmare. We opted to carry our luggage off the ship since our flight was before noon and waited in line over an hour. And had to wait in line at guest services in order to receive a credit on our account. Apparently if you used a debit card, you couldn't leave the ship until the credit was issued in cash. Why couldn't they just credit it back to the card? You know what the lines are like at the guest service desk on the morning of disembarkation? If I hadn't watched the video in our room about the disembark, I wouldn't have known that we needed to visit the guest services desk. As far as I checked, there was no mention of any of this info in the daily bulletin. It was difficult to get any info throughout the cruise regarding questions about the WIFI package we purchased, the location of certain places on the ship, making reservations for the shows... The majority of the staff we encountered were less than enthusiastic to help. Our waiter (we had the same one very night even though we had the my-time dining) was excellent, as well as the other dining staff. Truly made us feel special and did whatever they could to to improve our dining experience. And we never had to wait to be seated at dinner, which was awesome. Food was average. The waterslides and zipline were extra fees - not that it mattered much to us but I found that unusual. Loved the massage that was included in our Aurea package and the private area on the deck which was never crowded. We didn't care much for the nightly shows. The main singers were extremely loud, especially the women with high shrill voices. Lounges were always packed. Again, not enough room for all the passengers. Entertainment options were ok, not overly exciting.

Mega Ship

rallyria’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Aurea Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B3 9051
The cabin was a good size. Only complaint was that the bathroom and shower were the smallest I have ever seen. Thank goodness we are all average-size people cause there's no way a bigger person would fit their body in there:)The balcony was larger than I have had in the past. Our cabin steward managed to forget towels everyday - just wanted one towel apiece, nothing unusual.
Venice Beach Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Dune Buggy
    Fun tour - worth the $$$$. Our tour guide Ernie was great - very accommodating and knowledgeable:)
    View All 94 Dune Buggy Reviews
  • Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience
    Balmoral Island is just beautiful. Lots to do - swim with sting rays or dolphins, kayak, pool, snorkel... Restaurant/bar is expensive so be prepared - beers were $9 each for the local brew and mixed drinks were $12-15 each! Ouch!
    View All 84 Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience Reviews
  • River Tubing
    River Tubing Safari & Beach Adventure
    Something different to do if you have already done Dunn's River Falls. No crowds at all - about 12 in our group. It was somewhat strenuous in certain areas. Our guides were entertaining and helpful. Do the jump off the dock!!
    View All 71 River Tubing Reviews