• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Maushant
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2018
Cabin: Outside Twin with Balcony and Shower

Very smooth and efficient embarkation at Southampton. Our luggage was outside our cabins when we got there. We were disappointed that the late departure meant missing Cadiz, and if P and O were aware of this problem, then surely they should have sorted it. The visit to Vigo in Sunday was a non event, my husband stayed on the ship, my son and I got off. The place was dead apart from some Africans selling handbags. We were only ashore about half an hour and spent nearly as long as that in the queue to get back on board. Very rough sailing on the second night but didn't bother us. I don't understand the comments from people saying they were so ill they got off at Barcelona as by then it was calm anyway and surely if anyone was that poorly they would have gone to the ships doctor for an injection.

We had freedom dining in Cinnamon which we used for breakfast and dinner every day. We always managed to get a table for 3 and only needed the pager once. We all thought the food was delicious and the waiter service friendly and efficient. We also enjoyed the pizzas and burgers on deck at lunchtimes and the great cakes. The bars were lovely, especially the Metropole, very relaxing, but we did think the drinks were expensive and think an all-inclusive drinks package should be offered. We also felt the waiters were rather intrusive, asking all the time if we wanted more drinks but I guess this is due to pressure from the management. Entertainment was very good, I enjoyed the Strictly shows and liked seeing the beautiful dresses on display. We also enjoyed the interesting series of talks on air crashes from Ricky Bastin and I liked the art talks by Alice from Whitehall galleries.

Our cabins were spotlessly clean and Emily, the Steward, was friendly and hardworking.

Outside Twin with Balcony and Shower

Cabin JF

Lovely, very comfortable bed.

Port Reviews

Gibraltar

Worth taking some cash for duty free shopping

Cartagena (Colombia)

Beautiful place, the Roman theatre is well worth a visit

2 Helpful Votes