3. Viking Eir
We had cruised on the Danube with Viking previously and wanted to cruise on the Rhine. With our happy memories of the Danube cruise there was really only one choice. The ship was basically identical to the one that took us along the Danube, even the menus and drink cards seemed familiar. Our cabin was kept in immaculate condition by our attendant, Lotis. Food was excellent. Wines were also excellent. Most sailing is done overnight and there are also situations where you travel independently of the ship, eg we were dropped outside Koln and started our excursion while the ship continued into Koln where we rejoined. This tends to maximise your opportunities for having a good time and seeing the best bits. The included shore excursions were all of a high standard. Cruise Director, Daniel, did a great job. For me the absolute highlights were Koln (particularly staying there after sunset to see the city from the river by night) and Marksburg Castle. Other places visited were interesting. The dining evening in Rudeshiem seemed a little kitsch to me, but other people really loved it. I highly recommend visiting the Technik Museum at Speyer which is only a short walk from where the ship berthed to collect us after the Heidelberg shore excursion.

Ten out of ten!

Viking Eir Cruise Review by PetB

Our cabin was kept in immaculate condition by our attendant, Lotis.

Food was excellent. Wines were also excellent.

PetB’s Full Rating Summary