3. Norwegian Breakaway
Second time on NCL and first time on the Breakaway. First time was in the Epic in a Haven spa suite. It was a steal. Originally booked in an oceanview on the 10th deck but as we were treated so well in the Haven, immediately started looking at their prices till they came down to a price we were willing to pay. Unlike the US, the UK customers don't have the bidding process but we can paid the difference in price between the two cabins. We had two flights in the morning to catch and it was a bit of a mad dash from one plane to another. We weren't the only ones with this and I heard several people who had made the cruise but alas their luggage hadn't. The check in for the Haven isn't as nice as Barcelona. Very makeshift and we were stuck behind a big family. Also noticed Non- Haven people who were sneaking in to get free refreshments. Well when it is just a tensa barrier it was pretty easy to do so. So with a bit of research we finally settle on Haven Spa suite 14728. This is below the hair salon on starboard side. I think the rest of the H6 on that side are below the gym. The furtherest away from the elevators but it is only 20 or so steps to them. Also as the suites are forward it is literally up the stairs to the 15th deck, cross over to port side and you get to the Haven door. Use your keycard and enter and then it is right and up another set of stairs to the Haven area. Closer than Epic where their spa suites are at the aft and Haven is at the front. Another tip is if you do the Baltic states make sure your cabin is starboard side. We were lucky as that is where you get some of the most beautiful sunsets every evening. We made new friends who were port side and they never saw anything from their balcony except one evening. Good room steward Margarita. Nothing too much trouble for her. Our butler Louis wasn't too great. Took almost 3 days before he introduced himself. And I think it was only cos we mentioned to someone. Though he did provide afternoon snacks to our cabin. Patrick the concierge was awesome. Ever helpful and again nothing to much trouble. He helped with our bill and made sure it was correct. Chasing up some people. Sharon was his assistant and was good too. Haven courtyard was so lovely and quiet even with the big family. Though their children were in the hot tubs and when they were all there they did kinda dominate the restaurant and courtyard. However it was less time than more so haven was generally heaven. Kumar is the best bar tender who made me smoothies even when they are not the menu. Adrian was always looking to get us drinks from the bar. We ate all our breakfasts in the Haven restaurants. Breakfast on the first morning was chaotic. But it got better as the days went. Pablo the maitre'd looked after us very well. Our lunches were all in O'Sheerans. Quick and reliable food. Alen and Julia the maitre'd always looked after us and everyone in that pub worked hard and fast. My partner always order the fish and chips whilst I had wings with sauce on the side, beef fajitas and then we had apple pie. Dinner we were in the Haven mostly but did try Cirque Dreams, Cagneys, La Cucina, and Teppenaki. One evening I even had Shanghai food ordered for me as my partner didn't like anything from the menu but we didn't want to eat separately. Not a problem. Just be prepared to wait as it comes up. That's no problem for us. Love how Cirque Dreams you ate first and then watched the show. In the Epic it is eat and watch which can be difficult. The other 3 restaurants tried were very good. Warnemunde - we decided to stay in the port rather than waste time on a bus to Berlin and see very little of it. It is a very interesting wee port but as it was a bank holiday a lot of the shops were closed. Mostly it was restaurants and cafes opened. Tallinn - we decided to do a ship's tour as we had $50 credit for every excursion. Our tour guide Raul was very funny and personal. Can't remember which tour but it is one that takes you to the old town and then the park with the palace. St Petersburg - One of the highlight of our cruise. Not because we went off the ship but because we stayed on as everyone left. We had already done a 6 day land holiday a few years back so we booked this cruise for the other ports. The ship was like a ghost ship especially the first day. Have great photos of no one in the public areas except us. We had a blast. Talking to one of the crew this cruise they staggered the tours times a bit as the first cruise the queues for immigrations was all the way back to the gangway. So I think this time round there were no more than 15 minutes wait. Helsinki - we did our thing and just wandered around. Patrick noticed we had the $50 credit and told us to use it for the transfer which were $15 each so in effort costing us nothing. Saved us a wee walk of about 2km each way. Very expensive city but lovely. Transfers are every 20 mins or so. Stockholm - Now we decided to do a ship excursion because the ship had changed where it was docking. Two things about the free shuttles. You need to have something that says you have the free shuttle as we met someone who argued with the shore excursion guys regarding this as she didn't have this email. So they were asking her to pay. In the end she took the train to stockholm. The second thing is the free shuttles are one in the morning (as in several coaches going there) but then only one time going back 10 hours later (several coaches again). Now the thing is we could probably spent 10 hours in Stockholm but I like that to be my choice not NCL. Hence why we settled for the Stockholm Highlights at 4 hours long. Wish we didn't. Waste of money really. We weren't the only to complain about this tour. It was simply getting there and then once there the coach took us on the same route 3 times around so we can see the highlights. So we past the Opera House, hotels, Street of the Queen (pedestrian street), Subway cafe three times. It also says there will be photo stops. Er...nope. One official one just outside so you can take a photo of the city. We stopped out the Royal Palace but not allowed to go off the coach. Then we had an unofficial stop because people needed the bathroom. And that was chaotic cos the guide wanted everyone to stick to her even though we were only going less than 200 metres. We didn't stop to buy souvenirs. That was only in the bathroom stop. What tour have you ever been on where there was no souvenirs even if you are like and dislike this part. I fell asleep halfway through on the coach cos I was so bored. When we complained to Shore excursion they said we weren't meant to stop at all. Huh? Four hours on a coach. That is so fun. Even with 20% off and another 10% for latitudes members and our $50 credit it was a waste of money. Stockholm could had been so good. But it wasn't. We had more fun in the supermarket across the road from where the ship docked. We saw both Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages. Burn the Floor has a video thing for what seems like ages but is probably only a few minutes long. I guess it was to set the tone for the evening. They don't need this. Rock of Ages so many people left during the show. It is crude, rude and a certain type of music and humour. We had an awesome time. Met lots of different people, crew and guests. Even recognised some of the crew from the Epic like Vuk who is now Breakaway hotel manager for the past 2 years. My partner says I chat to random people often. I have a knack. Did a lot of trivia. Shelly is the best. However the staff members especially the boys don't talk to each other as some of the trivia was the same. This time only the winners received prizes and we didn't collect stamps for getting involved. But we still managed to get a couple of deck of cards, bottle cooler things and some frisbees/fans. Eat too much but heck I am on holiday. Steak and pork belly was my passion. Only disappointment was Breakaway decided not to do the Escape game on our cruise. Why? Who knows. Was looking forward to it. But this was such a blimp in an another awesome NCL cruise for us. Personally I think it would have been a very different holiday if we were't Haven but still enjoyable. All cabins sold but not full capacity and didn't see many children.

Breakaway to the Baltics

Yinster’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony
Cabin H9 14728
The cabin is very spacious with a separate bathroom with a double sink and a walk in shower. Wardrobe and lots of drawers for storage. Luggage can be stored under the huge bed. We also had a jacuzzi bath next to the bed. No carpets as it is a spa suite.

We were starboard side which means we have a sofa in our cabin. Port side has two chairs.

Balcony is tiny. But when we wanted to sun bathe we went up to the haven instead. We only really used it to see the sun rise, sun set and when we docked.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins