3. Norwegian Epic
My wife and I took the Norwegian Epic out of Port Canaveral on April 7, 2018. I was forewarned that the rooms were poorly lighted (as they were: I did my shaving on the balcony when there was sunlight), that the beds were curved so my feet would hang off the bed (which they did: I’m only five-eleven, but it’s form before function, you know), and that the toilet and shower had opaque doors (tacky but what the hey). But should you think I’m a jaded traveler (which I am), the ship had many positive features: The theater had no obstructed views and I loved it. The Irish pub is a great place for lunch. The pool tables broke up the long days at sea. The food was tasty. Our room was well tended. Bar staff was generous. Things I didn’t know: !. Lines for food; lines for shows (and if you didn’t know in advance you needed to make reservations for shows, tough.); lines, lines and lines. But it is a large and crowded ship. Think New York sidewalks at 5 pm or malls at Christmas time or the mega-sized cruise ships, in general. 2. People incapable of taking a walking tour are allowed if not encouraged to do it anyway. It seems the cruise line ignores its guidelines when selling tours and fails to weed out the disabled when loading the buses for an excursion. I paid good money for tours in towns with cobblestone streets, walls and stairways. I didn’t pay to hear the complaints of the walking dead about the terrain and the pace. Most excursions were too hampered by the frail for the objective of the tour to be realized. Yes, I’m a grandpa, and yes, my wife has difficulty walking. But she didn’t join me on those trips inappropriate for her physical state. 3. Cruising is a waste of my travel dollars and my time. I just canceled a 33 day cruise around South America

I can't take it.