3. Liberty of the Seas
To celebrate my in-law's 50th Wedding Anniversary, the entire family went on a cruise together. We arrived, met friendly porters at the dock to handle our luggage, friendly staff that tried to encourage everyone while standing in the long lines (which moved along, but of course were just long). It was my wife and I's first time to cruise. The process of checking in was smooth enough, though it isn't like on The Love Boat where people with clipboards are there to help you. Everything is done by your Sea Pass card, which really streamlines the process. The cabin was about what I would have expected and had heard about. Though I thought the carpet and curtain was a little dated, the bed was comfortable and the stateroom was cleaned, twice, every day. The dinning experience also felt a little dated for me, but people of an older generation probably do appreciate it. That said, our waiter was absolutely TOPS! He told funny stories, made recommendations that were always spot-on, and knowing that it was our first cruise and we all had a limited pallet, would bring out extra appetizers, entrees, and desserts to make sure we had the opportunity to experience everything. The on-board entertainment was GREAT. We went to nearly every show, but avoided anything we thought would be blue. We saw movies, a musical, an aerial show and comedians. What fun! These should not be missed. We kept to excursions provided through the cruise line. Each day included a friendly tour guide and equally friendly staff at the location. From what I learned, the cruise line does send their own staff on these excursions too for quality control, and I think that they would drop a vendor in a moment if something wasn't top notch -- so no harm there. The only thing that started to "get to me" was the push for high-end shopping. It was everywhere on board. My reason for a cruise was not to buy diamonds, high end watches, scarves or tons of booze. If you're there for that, go for it, but does the cruise line need to push it so hard? Would we do it again -- Yeppers!

My first cruise --- met all expectations!

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by BainterJr

Would we do it again -- Yeppers!
BainterJr’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View
Cabin 1M
Cabin was slightly dated, but comfortable. We were very near the engines, but were still able to sleep at night with minimal disruption from the noise.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins