3. Carnival Breeze
We loved our time on the Breeze. I am writing this review as I really enjoyed reading the reviews prior to our cruise which was the week of 5/20 so hopefully this will help anyone with an upcoming trip on the Breeze. We departed out of Galveston with an itinerary going to Montego Bay, Grand Caymen and Cozumel. The ship was beautiful. Very well- appointed. Not as gaudy as others ships which was nice. The staff was always working hard to keep it clear and refreshed. All of the staff we encountered were wonderful. We loved the entire staff at Camp Ocean, where our little one frequented often (and loved it!), Das in the Blush dining room and our stateroom attendant, Jose. They were each so wonderful and knew us by name by the 2nd day. I recommend Camp Ocean for anyone with little ones, ours is 2 and some change and it was nice to send her to camp for a couple hours each day to have some adult time. You can leave diapers, wipes, anything else they will need and your child will be fully occupied with games, songs, and activities every day. We loved the Dr. Seuss theme and participating in the parade across the ship and the story time. Definitely a ton for kids to do. One thing they didn't tell us prior though is that any child who is not yet potty trained can't swim or play on the splash pad. Understand the pool as it's sitting water but the splash pad would have been fun to play in. We paid for the chat feature on the Carnival MyHub and it was good to chat with others in your party as the ship is really big. We didn't attend and shows or anything as we had our little one with us and didn't stay out late. The food at the buffet was OK...nothing to really right home about. BUT, the food at dinner in Blush was really, really good. Some items were even great I would say! But again, the service is what makes it an all-around wonderful dining experience. We loved Guy's Burgers (I had three in 7 days...), Indian Food was surprisingly really yummy, pizza was great and the BBQ also good. Breakfast buffet got old after day 3 but there is also the option to do sit down breakfast in your assigned restaurant which we heard was great. Something to note for next time. Casino took a lot of our money but hey...whatever. Drinks were also good and the Cheers package was worth it for my husband, but not so much for me. They say 5 total drinks a day will pay for it. I barely made 5 each day.. but, again. Good to know for the future. Our interior stateroom was small, but as to be expected. Especially with a 2 year old with us... crib fit nicely next to our King bed. Will likely upgrade to a larger room next time. From peeking my head in other rooms, seems worth a little more change to have a little bit more room to move around. We didn't book any excursions in advance (again, had a 2 year old) and glad we didn't because it rained (poured, really) in both the Caymens and Cozumel. We did go to Doc's Cave Beach Club in Montego Bay, Jamaica and that was nice. Pretty beach, good service from those who work there (you can get drinks and food on the beach) but beware of a lot of people walking up and down selling things from wooden turtles to pot... We came home in a Tropical Storm so it was very rocky on the boat but the Captain and Cruise Director were sure to communicate with us and warn us it was approaching. All in all, great time!!

Carnival is the FUN Ship