• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

lomahoney
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Apr 2018
Cabin:

I chose this cruise because 'Celebrity Cruises' had been recommended to me by my parents who would have the same level of standards as myself. The price was inviting and some of the ports were in places I had yet to visit. I traveled with my boyfriend and my parents (my father is disabled and has to use a wheelchair) so cruises make sense as a holiday option.

We stayed in Abu Dhabi for 4 days prior to the cruise and book-ended the trip with 3 nights in Rome. These two stays were what made the holiday in all honesty, and these were booked personally.

Firstly the ship, the Constellation is an old tired ship that really needs some TLC. Yes it is spotlessly clean and the staff do their utmost to keep it so. The decks are well worn, the sunbeds were old and not very comfortable and the sun towels very faded and tatty. The Ocean View Cafe, the food was mediocre and the restaurant, again tired looking, broken ice machines, dripping coffee dispensers etc. The Poolside Cafe, burgers were good but unfortunately Alexander had a very displeasing temperament and everything was served begrudgingly. The San Marco restaurant was the only saving grace, Alistair and Jonny were great waiters and always wore a smile and a friendly greeting and the food was a much better standard than Ocean view.

Cabin inside stateroom 7

Cabin was very clean, our stateroom attendant was very good and very pleasant, the decor however was tired and in need of redecoration. There was a terrible creaking noise, more than one would expect on a moving ship that meant my boyfriend and I lacked sleep for several days. We did complain but were told someone had checked it out and could not hear anything. When we complained again the maintenance man came and tightened some screws on what looks like doors in our ceiling, this worked for 1 night. We eventually gave up.

2 Helpful Votes