3. Ruby Princess
Just not a good experience. I have cruised many times before and I have come to expect sub-par service on cruise ships. So, my expectations are not high. This being said, a cruise is the best way to see Alaska in a short period of time. We had reserved our cabins 8 months ahead of time. There were 8 of us 2 people per cabin. This was a family reunion of sorts. The only way to guarantee that all of our cabins would be together is to reserve cabins at the end of the ship, rather than the middle of the ship which I prefer. But, it was important to us that we all be together. We reserved Balcony Cabins. Three cabins in our party checked in and we were all together. One cabin in our party had later flights and would be checking in a little later than the rest of us. The fourth cabin had our names on a sticker on the mail slot, so we were certain that all four cabins would be together. Approximately a half-hour after check-in, a member of the Ruby Princess crew was peeling the name sticker off from one of our cabins. We questioned what they were doing and they replied, "A member of your party requested an upgrade". We knew this was not true. The cabin that our party ended up in was actually a down-grade with a smaller balcony. Basically, we found out from the new passengers going into our cabin that they wanted a larger balcony. We understand that sometimes things happen, but, the Ruby Princess crew member lied to our face without hesitation. This is in inexcusable. Many times during this cruise, we were pointed in the wrong direction by the crew members. Many times we were given false information by crew members. The only consistent part of this cruise is that we were consistently given false information. The ship was not clean, needed a face lift and we even coined the phrase, "Old Rusty Sides" due to all the apparent rust on the sides of the ship. The quality of food was poor. Most items had no flavor. We did specialty dining 3 of the 7 nights. The specialty dining quality was much better. But, speciality dining is an additional charge. Our cabin shower was dirty. Upon arrival, there was soap residue and grime on the shower walls. I gave it a good once over. There were yellow stains on the mattress pad. I removed it from the bed. Never again will I travel on Princess!

Old Rusty Sides

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Cruise 1234

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Never again will I travel on Princess!
Cruise 1234’s Full Rating Summary