Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review
1,986 Reviews

Miserable experience, surprised RC has not stopped this.

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by billy1456

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

I just wanted to share how horrendous my past experience was with your cruise line. If I wanted to book a “tacky” Carnival Cruise, I would have. I chose Royal Caribbean because my past experiences (gold member) have assured me that you have the highest quality standards in every detail from ship to service.

This was not the case in my past experience with the Enchantment of the Seas. This was a surprise vacation for my fiancé’s birthday and it was also her first (and most likely last) experience with RC. First, the ship is falling apart with rust everywhere. There was even a piece of the outdoor bar that fell apart in the middle of the cruise. The room was humid with a musty smell throughout the bedding and even in the frayed bed sheets. The pillows smelled like mold. The bathroom smelled of raw sewage and the amenities were not up to today’s standards. Utterly unacceptable as a guest who purchased a junior suite.

Furthermore, it absolutely unacceptable to sell tickets on a ship that has standards from 20 years ago. The ship was crowded, the lines were long and it was disgusting watching people fight over food in the windjammer everyday as a result. I wanted to be on a relaxing vacation not in a chaotic “fight for your food” environment.

As a business executive myself , it became obvious that the enchantment of the seas is the RC “cash cow” squeezing every possible margin and not caring about their customers but also their staff. A number (not just one) we’re obviously drunk, due to their breath and speech. Unacceptable. In addition to being drunk, on several occasions the staff was rude and not helpful, for example of many, the bartender made snarky expressions when you tipped them an “unacceptable” amount from their perspectives. However, I do believe this what happens when you create a miserable low salary experience for your employees in hopes of squeezing margins. It shows.

The food was horrible to an extent that you forced me to an up sell with chops. Within my fair lady the salmon was dry and steak did not even seem real. On the one positive, the chops experience is aligned with how I thought Royal Caribbean was throughout. Empathetic, intelligent and polite staff, great food, and relaxing (not chaotic) atmosphere. We would’ve went twice, but it was booked the second night, not a surprise either. I have a hunch that it is a strategy to make your food so mediocre in main dining hall that it forces your customers to Chops. Unethical.

To be clear, it also rained the whole trip and this did not impact this review. I would’ve been this disappointed rain or shine. As one suggestion, it might make sense to this about rainy weather programming throughout the ship. My only options were to drink a presumably high fructose alcoholic beverage or get my tongue analyzed by an acupuncturist.

billy1456's Full Rating Summary

Junior Suite
Cabin J3 8556

The staff at the beach lounger booth was extremely rude and unhelpful, in addition CocoCay was under construction and I felt like I was more in a fenced in prison than a vacation. It was a joke to even let guests access the island.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Atlantis Resort

Got off the ship and it was a bit chaotic in the port of Nassau. The town seems a bit run down with people trying to sell you something. Most of the commerce is a short cab ride inside the Atlantis resort.

View All 765 Atlantis Resort Reviews