3. Navigator of the Seas
We decided on this cruise as it was my twin sisters and my 60th birthday just before we sailed and it was the only one that we could find that suited all of us (always fun travelling with family). We have been on the Navi before, but my twin sister and her hubby have never cruised, so RCI is a good choice for those that don't really like dressing up too much (my brother in law). It has been 11 years since we were last on the Navi, and if you look closely, you can see her age, but that is nick picking. Check in was nice and quick - just had to wait in security - a norm nowadays - and on-board for a spot of lunch and our first cocktail. We managed to be and the gate when the others arrived and enjoy their reaction from the first sight of the Royal Promenade - great. After showing around for a bit it was off to see the cabin - we had decided to have a cabin on deck 7 overlooking the promenade as it is a good vantage point for the parades. The beds are great with lots of room, shower/toilet again plenty of room but the amount of space to actually stow your gear is limited, and I am sure we managed to loose something behind the very small drawers under the TV. Our luggage duly arrived and the unpacking commenced... We had a table for 8 in the main dining room on deck 3 first sitting, I don't know how they do it but we the others on our table we another family of 4 (mum dad son and daughter in law) with the same kind of background and humour as us. We managed to dine every night but only once was it on our own, and in most cases, everybody dressed up as suggested. Our table waiters were great - and of course did the sing along when our birthday cake arrived, and even the head waiter was seen every night. The food was good, on occasion excellent and other times just ok, but that was more down to my taste rather than quality. The entertainment team (not the acts) were mostly british and good fun, we even managed to win a key ring,... some of the headliner acts were not to my taste but those we did see were very good. The singers and dances are good but seem to be lacking in something, not sure what, but considering that they have been on as a troup since january, you would have thought they should be top notch. The ice skating shows are still very good. Some of the quizzes seemed to be more international than others.. Ports of call and trips - well the ports were very good, the ships excursions and shuttle bus costs seem to be very high and in one case we did complain about the cost. We only did the one excursion and rather enjoyed it. Bar prices again were not cheap but we don't drink enough to warrant the drinks package and as we had a reasonable amount of on board credit, it worked out ok for us.

A nice break

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by deepfriedmal

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe

deepfriedmal’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

not enough space to stow clothing, bed great and view from window over the promenade wonderful.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans