3. Magellan
We chose Cruise & Maritime because will live near to the port so very little travelling time & we were on a buy one get one free offer. We have been with Thomson cruises before & prefer a small ship. After reading some of the negative reviews on here I was very apprehensive but I can only say we had a great time & would sail on the Magellan again. We were impressed with embarkation at Newcastle we were on the ship in 15 minutes & our cases were at our cabin door. We had been upgraded to an outside cabin on deck 5 it was a good size very clean good quality bedding & towels. At times when at sea there was odd noises I took ear plugs with me I take them wherever I go & that helped. I did complain about one particular noise & the staff did check the next day if it had gone& it had. After a few days you get use to the various noises. The Magellan is a very friendly ship with a happy crew we felt very comfortable & meet some lovely people the food was very good we ate in the dining room for our evening meal we were looked after very well & enjoyed catching up with the other guests at our table. We ate in the bistro for our breakfast & Lunch both had lots of choice & were very tasty, i enjoyed an omelette cooked to order every morning. We took out the premium drinks package & we thought it was excellent value. We enjoyed the entertainment each evening the orchestra with a violinist & saxophone player was very good & went to some of the activities on offer & the cinema on sea days. I did not visit the spa but the people who did said it was very good. On 2 evenings there were extra buffets one was Chocolate & the other a grand buffet both were excellent. we enjoyed the ports we visited especially Bergen we did not book any excursions we had a good look round ourselves. We were sad to leave as we really enjoyed ourselves the disembarkation ran very smoothly. I think you have to try the ship your self and make your own mind up & not take the negative reviews too seriously. we are looking to book a Baltic cruise with C&M next year.

A great experience

Magellan Cruise Review by SuzyQ Durham

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe

We have been with Thomson cruises before & prefer a small ship.

We took out the premium drinks package & we thought it was excellent value.

I did not visit the spa but the people who did said it was very good.

we are looking to book a Baltic cruise with C&M next year.
SuzyQ Durham’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

very comfortable room well serviced good size bathroom & shower occasional noises when at sea.