Magellan Cruise Review

A great experience

Magellan Cruise Review by SuzyQ Durham

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe

We chose Cruise & Maritime because will live near to the port so very little travelling time & we were on a buy one get one free offer.

We have been with Thomson cruises before & prefer a small ship.

After reading some of the negative reviews on here I was very apprehensive but I can only say we had a great time & would sail on the Magellan again.

We were impressed with embarkation at Newcastle we were on the ship in 15 minutes & our cases were at our cabin door.

We had been upgraded to an outside cabin on deck 5 it was a good size very clean good quality bedding & towels. At times when at sea there was odd noises I took ear plugs with me I take them wherever I go & that helped. I did complain about one particular noise & the staff did check the next day if it had gone& it had. After a few days you get use to the various noises.

The Magellan is a very friendly ship with a happy crew we felt very comfortable & meet some lovely people

the food was very good we ate in the dining room for our evening meal we were looked after very well & enjoyed catching up with the other guests at our table.

We ate in the bistro for our breakfast & Lunch both had lots of choice & were very tasty, i enjoyed an omelette cooked to order every morning.

We took out the premium drinks package & we thought it was excellent value.

We enjoyed the entertainment each evening the orchestra with a violinist & saxophone player was very good & went to some of the activities on offer & the cinema on sea days.

I did not visit the spa but the people who did said it was very good.

On 2 evenings there were extra buffets one was Chocolate & the other a grand buffet both were excellent.

we enjoyed the ports we visited especially Bergen we did not book any excursions we had a good look round ourselves.

We were sad to leave as we really enjoyed ourselves the disembarkation ran very smoothly.

I think you have to try the ship your self and make your own mind up & not take the negative reviews too seriously.

we are looking to book a Baltic cruise with C&M next year.

SuzyQ Durham's Full Rating Summary

Cabin outside 5150

very comfortable room well serviced good size bathroom & shower occasional noises when at sea.

Bergen

It was very busy in Bergen it was there National day it was wonderful to see the pride they had for there country beautiful national costumes.

we watched the parades & then took at trip on the Funicular would recommend for the fabulous views.

SuzyQ Durham