3. Oasis of the Seas
This was our first RCI cruise, after several on Carnival. My favorite thing was the ship's layout, which was very well designed and surprisingly efficient, considering the number of passengers. However, the staff service was very hit-and-miss. Some of the crew were amazing (our room steward and head waiter and Champagne Bar staff were all great). Some of the other staff (particularly those from Jamaica) were passive-aggressive or outright rude. Overall on the ship, I felt 'nickel-and-dimed' at every turn, which is tacky. The dining room is made to feel second class next to the "premium" restaurants, which are heavily and repeatedly advertised all over the ship. There was a constant message that "if you aren't paying extra, then you're missing out". For food, there were no decent hamburgers or tacos without paying extra in the specialty restaurants (yes, the buffet had a semblance of both at times, but the quality was sorely disappointing). In comparison, Carnival ships have both Burger and Burrito/Taco offerings, as well as Mongolian Grill and Italian restaurant options included at no extra cost, which added great value and a sense of class. Our stateroom attendant made us feel special, was genuinely caring and he had great attention to detail. Our room was spotless and he never missed a thing. He was somehow always there, but yet never underfoot (we called him our 'room ninja'). Our favorite bartenders were at the Champagne Bar. Before the cruise, I was most excited about the Irish Pub, but ends up it had the worst service on the ship, even after several attempted visits on different days, and they kept running out of things! One day no Hefeweizen (so I went to Sabor, and they had it there). The next day, no Stone IPA. And for the whole cruise, they didn't have key ingredients for many of their specialty cocktails on the menu. Drink service in the main dining room was very slow, as it would normally take 10 or 20 minutes for a glass of wine, and our drink waiter didn't know anything about wines. In Vintages (wine bar), the man working had absolutely no interest in discussing any of the wines that were included in the drink package, which we were eager to try and learn about. He only wanted to talk about $200+ bottles, or the $80 tasting event. When we politely declined his (continual) offers to up-charge us, be became very stuffy and it was apparent he couldn't wait for us to leave and go somewhere else. So we left, skipping the tapas we planned to purchase. As a whole, the bar staff on the ship worked very, very hard to accommodate all of the guests, mostly to impressive results (excusing a handful of rude crew), but it was clear that they were significantly understaffed which was wearing on them, and therefore impacting the final quality of both the drinks and the service. This could have been greatly improved with a few more hands to help during busy times. On Labadee, we weren't able to eat. One side of the island didn't have enough plates, so the line was long and wasn't moving. So we walked to the other side of the 'island', and while they had plates, the line was just as long. We checked back in an hour for the lines to die down, but they remained until it closed, so we didn't eat. (Granted, we could have stood in line for 30 minutes, but who wants to do that). Drinks were abundantly available and bar service was very quick however. The local Haitians were pushy and obnoxious every time we walked by. They would yell "hey! hey! hey! I have an important question!" to try and get us in their shop, or they would tell passing ladies how beautiful they were to try and make them stop. Some variant of this happened at least 25 times to us, so I didn't want to go that way again. For shows, the comedians were the best show the whole week! They were clever and witty, without being too crass. We watched the family and the adult show. I would have VERY MUCH enjoyed more standup comedy shows, instead of the same show repeating every night of the cruise. In conclusion, it was a very enjoyable cruise, and we are happy to have tried the world's largest cruise ship. I still think that Carnival has a better included Menu and a nicer Crew, but RCI certainly wins with the best ship! My wife loved Central Park and the large variety of well manicured plants (she is a landscape designer), and even with a full ship, it was always possible to find a quiet 'neighborhood' to get away. Thank you for a great week!

Amazing Ship!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Eb137

Eb137’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 2V 6593
A lovely cabin, positioned perfectly near the gym and juice bar, and only one flight of stairs from the Promenade. While this room is roughly above Boleros (the bar & music venue) we didn't hear music in our cabin at all, which I was previously concerned may be an issue. This is my favorite interior cabin I've ever stayed in.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins