3. Norwegian Jewel
Good things: Emerson – our cabin steward Waitresses in Azura Restaurant Food – only 1 bad meal (in LaCachina) Entertainment – very good Throughout the cruise – The windows all over the ship, both common areas and rooms are filthy. I paid extra for a room with a larger window and could barely see out of it because it was sooo dirty. Most of the crew were from the Philippines. Most of the passengers were oriental. Those of us who weren’t, were ignored a lot of the time. This was one of the first cruises NCL has run with this itinerary and that's the excuse they used for every screw up. Why should this itinerary be any different than any other? Got on board the first day and even though I had ordered and thought I had paid for soda and water pkgs., I had the NCL payment confirmation pages to back me up, I was told by the surly customer service person that there was no 'total' on the page and that I should have known that the charge never went thru. But, that I could buy the pkgs. on board with a 20% up charge. No need to speak to the manager, he would tell you the same thing. 2nd day, notified by my credit card company that there was a large charge on my credit card. It was a hold placed by NCL for $2610. That charge went thru and the others didn't??? There weren't many good days after that and I was very glad to leave the ship! Never to return to NCL. We were platinum members with NCL, but never again. This was our 3rd bad cruise in a row. The only reason we were on it was for the itinerary. When I wrote to them about this cruise, I was offered a $100 onboard ship credit if we took another cruise in the next 12 months. REALLY!!! Talked to a lot of people on this cruise and we all came to the same conclusion, we would never sail NCL again.

NCL has gone downhill

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by cruisinjoan01

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window
Good things:

Emerson – our cabin steward

Waitresses in Azura Restaurant

Food – only 1 bad meal (in LaCachina)

Entertainment – very good

cruisinjoan01’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OB
Our cabin was ok as far as a ship's cabin can be, but we couldn't see out of the window because it was sooooooo dirty, as were all the windows on the ship.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins