Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review

• Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

Good things:

Emerson – our cabin steward

Waitresses in Azura Restaurant

Food – only 1 bad meal (in LaCachina)

Entertainment – very good

Throughout the cruise – The windows all over the ship, both common areas and rooms are filthy. I paid extra for a room with a larger window and could barely see out of it because it was sooo dirty.

Most of the crew were from the Philippines. Most of the passengers were oriental. Those of us who weren’t, were ignored a lot of the time.

This was one of the first cruises NCL has run with this itinerary and that's the excuse they used for every screw up. Why should this itinerary be any different than any other?

Got on board the first day and even though I had ordered and thought I had paid for soda and water pkgs., I had the NCL payment confirmation pages to back me up, I was told by the surly customer service person that there was no 'total' on the page and that I should have known that the charge never went thru. But, that I could buy the pkgs. on board with a 20% up charge. No need to speak to the manager, he would tell you the same thing. 2nd day, notified by my credit card company that there was a large charge on my credit card. It was a hold placed by NCL for $2610. That charge went thru and the others didn't??? There weren't many good days after that and I was very glad to leave the ship! Never to return to NCL.

We were platinum members with NCL, but never again. This was our 3rd bad cruise in a row. The only reason we were on it was for the itinerary. When I wrote to them about this cruise, I was offered a $100 onboard ship credit if we took another cruise in the next 12 months. REALLY!!! Talked to a lot of people on this cruise and we all came to the same conclusion, we would never sail NCL again.

cruisinjoan01's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

Our cabin was ok as far as a ship's cabin can be, but we couldn't see out of the window because it was sooooooo dirty, as were all the windows on the ship.

Tour guide from Hades. This was our most expensive and longest excursion and our tour guide was silent most of the time, managed to join up with another tour guide on our last stop and did get some information. He did point out a McDonald's sign on the way back to the ship.

Kagoshima

Great tour guide today. Did Chiran and the Peace Museum

Tokyo (Yokohama)

We flew into Tokyo early and toured on our own. We stayed at the Hotel New Grand in Yokohama which I would highly recommend. It's very close to where the ship docks.

Another good tour guide. He took pictures of us releasing our lanterns into the sky.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Would have been better had the NCL excursion rep been on time on the pier to give us our bus numbers. We left late because of this and our Temple street experience was cut short.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Tour guide was fair to middlin. Didn't point out a lot when we were in the Jinmao Building and was totally silent on the train ride. Wanted to do the train ride as I was in Japan 20 years ago when the concept for this train was being developed.

Naha

Great tour guide who took us through Okinawa and the Peace Museum, giving us her views on what really happened.

Kaohsiung

Best part of this tour was being able to make our own pineapple cake at the Vigor Kobo Tourism factory

cruisinjoan01