3. Emerald Princess
This was a bucket list destination trip for me. The cruise was my gift from my kids for my 60th birthday. I was born in Alaska and have always wanted to go back . I have not been back since I was a child. My sister and I traveled together. From embarkation on we were treated well. Getting on the ship was smooth and painless. Getting off the ship was slower and behind by 45 min. when we finally got off but smooth going off the ship, through customs and getting our luggage. The scenery was beautiful and seeing the blue pieces of glacier floating in the water was breathtaking. The boat was wonderful and the crew took amazing care of us. The food was great and plentiful. We did the zipline and glacier excursion in Juneau and throughly enjoyed ourselves. You got to take multiple ziplines and then finished by walking across a suspension bridge. I would reccomend it to anyone who likes to zipline. We also did the sled dog excursion in Skagway that was super fun. We even got to pet some puppies. Unfortunately the weather was cold and wet allot of the time so we didn't participate in many of the deck activities we would have. The naturalist on board Shelley Gill was fascinating to listen to. She knows so much about Alaska and the wildlife. I enjoyed listening to her from the bridge while we navigated glacier bay. We were able to get closer then they had so far this season. We were even able to see two bald eagles sitting on one of the pieces of glacier. We attended most of the shows and entertainment and they were very good and entertaining. My only complaint is some of the comedy was a little crass for my taste but he was super funny. Overall we had a great time with lots of happy memories.

My dream trip to Alaska

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by EstherA

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Overall we had a great time with lots of happy memories.
EstherA’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC R506
Our cabin was great. We had a stateroom steward that took great care of us and always greeted us with a smile. It was always clean with chocolate on the pillow every night. We had a balcony but weren't able to stay out there long because of the weather. It was cold.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins