3. Royal Princess
My husband and I chose this cruise because it is a cruise tour. I want to go to Ireland and he wants to go to Normandy. The itinerary suits our purposes. So we decided to go with Princess once again despite our past bad experience with them on the New England cruise. We were hoping that time was just an isolated case. So we decided to give Princess another try. We were so disappointed for the cruise portion, but we enjoyed totally our land portion on Ireland and the Ring of Kerry. The embarkation and disembarkation were so bad and disorganized. The wait was long. The first tender port service on Guernsey was slow and the returning wait was hour and a half. Standing in line for such a long time was difficult for us as senior citizens in not so good health condition. The cabin was small in compare to the same category on other ships. However there are lots of storage space. The safe is in good size and on eye level. Our steward was very nice and attentive. Dining experience was not the best in the dining rooms as well as in the Buffet. Disappointed in the limited menu selection in the Dining Room. Each time when I had fish, they were not good at all. The salmon was dry, the basa was like semi-cooked; however the scallops were OK. My husband had steaks and he said they were well done even though he asked for medium rare each time. The meat was not the best quality and they were tasteless. The lobster was tough and rubberly. The shows were average, but the ventriloquist was excellent. Went on the whole day Normandy excursion and it was good. Lunch in the restaurant was not bad at all. We will go cruisetour with Princess if they have good itinerary to places that we have not been to, otherwise "NO' for cruise only.

Poor Food Quality and so were Services

Royal Princess Cruise Review by solivita50

solivita50’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB
Small inside cabin in compare to the same category on other ships. A lot of storage spaces and good size safe.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins