Norwegian Sun Cruise Review

Incredible Experience

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by tartist

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Cuba

Highly enjoyed our trip to Cuba on the Sun. The ship was a great size for a four day cruise. Felt like I was still able to enjoy the whole ship. Had a balcony cabin and it was spacious with plenty of storage space. Loved the addition of the USB chargers on the headboard. Seven Seas dining room was great. Terarre was a great server. My only complaint about the ship was the lack of food available on the day in Cuba. We had a morning tour scheduled and came back on the ship at about 3:30pm. Everything was closed except the outdoor grill. It was basically hamburgers and hot dogs and was very busy. It would have been nice to have a salad or simple salad at that point as we had been out all day. NCL should consider additional food options in the later afternoon for the day in Cuba. Next time I would order room service but didn't think about it at the time. I was surprised how easy it was to get a drink with everyone having inclusive alcohol.

Cuba was an incredible experience. I am looking forward to going back and seeing more. We did two excursions with NCL. Both of our tours had meeting times an hour and a half before the scheduled start time that we had signed up for online. NCL does not let you exchange money when you get off the ship for your tour but it turned out to not be an issue. Most everyone seemed fine with accepting the US dollar. I would recommend changing over money before going to the straw market though. That was a bit difficult. Highly enjoyed our night tour of the Evening Stroll. We made sure our two tours did not overlap with the same sights.

Disembarkation was super easy and quick with the walk-off with your luggage. Going in and out of Port Canaveral is so convenient. Had a great time and hoping to do this same itinerary again and take another cruise on the Sun! Hope NCL continues cruises to Cuba and adds more cruises out of Port Canaveral in the future.

tartist's Full Rating Summary